• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom soundtracks in GTA:LCS

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ok,since this is the first tutorial I've written for PSP,please bear with me.

There are two methods to get custom soundtracks onto Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories. One that uses the Rockstar Custom Tracks but only lets you copy from CDs and another that lets you use MP3s you have stored on your computer.
Since most people would have their music stored on their computer,it'd be easier to use the second method and so i'll be focusing on it in this guide.

1. Download the Codemasters EAC PSP edition HERE
2. Install EAC PSP by extracting the EACSetup.exe file and double-clicking it and going through it like installing any other program
3. Start EAC PSP by double-clicking on its icon on the desktop
4. When it has opened up,click on start then my computer and then find the music you want in the soundtrack (IT HAS TO BE IN MP3 FORMAT)
5. When you have your music selected,click and hold it then drag it to EAC PSP and drop it in the main window
6. Then a pop-up will come up asking where to save the file.Save it anywhere you want as long as you know where it is
7. EAC PSP will then start converting the track/s
8. It will beep when it is finished and all your tracks shall then be converted to .TOC format
9. Make sure Window's allows you to see file extensions.If it doesn't, go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab> and uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types".
10. After that is done, you change the last 3 letters .TOC to .GTA
11. Now to put the tracks onto your PSP.Connect your PSP to the computer with a USB cable and enable USB
12. Then go to the PSP folder,then the SAVEDATA folder
13. In the SAVEDATA folder create a new folder either called "ULES00151CUSTOMTRACKS" (for the UK/European version) or "ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS" (for the US version)
14. Then place the tracks in this new folder
15. Start up the game then enable custom soundtracks in the options.Each track is treated like a radio station so just press left or right on the d-pad when in a vechile to switch between tracks

Hope this turns out to be a useful thread for people out there and any problems or questions just post them up.

Please note that the link to EAC PSP is a Megauploads link so it may not work in the future. In this case i would suggest using google to search for it.

Roe

For GTA: VCS

To do the same for gta vcs just rename the folders "ULES00151CUSTOMTRACKS" or "ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS" to "ULES00502CUSTOMTRACKS" and ULUS10160CUSTOMTRACKS".
Just thought some people would like to know. Plus karma for MenaceInc, nice tut:smile:

sum41

wish , there was something like this for all games

I can remember putting my own tracks in burnout legends,not tried with dominator but as you could do it with legends I would have thought it possible with that too.To put your trax in burnout legends follow the guide to the point where you have your TOC files.Then open up your ISO and locate the music folder (psp game>usrdir>music).The trax will all be EATrax (followed by a number).mus.Rename your TOC files individually (EATrax00.mus EATrax01.mus),then paste them into the music folder and rebuild your iso.Its a bit of a pain renaming 23 trax but its well cool racing along to your own trax.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I can remember putting my own tracks in burnout legends,not tried with dominator but as you could do it with legends I would have thought it possible with that too.To put your trax in burnout legends follow the guide to the point where you have your TOC files.Then open up your ISO and locate the music folder (psp game>usrdir>music).The trax will all be EATrax (followed by a number).mus.Rename your TOC files individually (EATrax00.mus EATrax01.mus),then paste them into the music folder and rebuild your iso.Its a bit of a pain renaming 23 trax but its well cool racing along to your own trax.

that would definately be for the more techincally minded in the forums but i was aiming at something more along with the new users and trying to explain it as best as possible.although i think that would make a useful tutorial if you wanted to type it up....might wanna put a warning up though for intermediate computer users.

sum41

that would definately be for the more techincally minded in the forums but i was aiming at something more along with the new users and trying to explain it as best as possible.although i think that would make a useful tutorial if you wanted to type it up....might wanna put a warning up though for intermediate computer users.

O.K. I'll type a guide out tomorrow.Should I start a new thread or post on this one and MenaceInc can I copy and paste 1-8 of your guide to save me some time.

Roe

O.K. I'll type a guide out tomorrow.Should I start a new thread or post on this one and MenaceInc can I copy and paste 1-8 of your guide to save me some time.
You should start a new thread. That way people can see what they are looking for because people aren't going to automatically come to this thread to find out how to add custom tracks to games.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

yea,course you can.thats what forums are about,exchange of infomation so work away :D

Jamezee

custom soundtrack?

Hey Everyone this is for anybody that can help me out!! I downloaded the exact audio psp edition and cd tracks come up, but i cant click on the psp picture it isnt highlighted???, Been trying for very long time if anybody know reply or email to Ryan_James_15@hotmail.com..........thanks

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hey Everyone this is for anybody that can help me out!! I downloaded the exact audio psp edition and cd tracks come up, but i cant click on the psp picture it isnt highlighted???, Been trying for very long time if anybody know reply or email to Ryan_James_15@hotmail.com..........thanks

did you download the rockstar version or the codemasters version.it's easier to follow the guide and use the codemasters version but if you can only copy a cd then you can use the rockstar version.

sum41

Mine doesn't either but dont see why you need it as you have to rename your TOC files to .GTA before putting them on your psp.

sum41

If their all cd tracks you want to put into GTA your much better off with Rockstar custum tracks.Have your psp(with a GTA save game on it) connected to your computer.Open up Rockstar custum tracks put in your cd, select your tracks then press the psp icon to the left(it will encode and put them on for you).Start GTA load your saved game and go into options>audio>custum tracks and turn it on.You can download Rockstar custum tracks from http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/662/662466p1.html

kerubin

The EAC psp convertor can't work for me. I keep getting the error as can't read codec or something like that. Pls help me. Thanks.

psp318player

SMOOTH HACKER
need help

is the download called megamanager because thats the only download i can see

ichidori555

Ok,since this is the first tutorial I've written for PSP,please bear with me.

There are two methods to get custom soundtracks onto Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories. One that uses the Rockstar Custom Tracks but only lets you copy from CDs and another that lets you use MP3s you have stored on your computer.
Since most people would have their music stored on their computer,it'd be easier to use the second method and so i'll be focusing on it in this guide.

1. Download the Codemasters EAC PSP edition HERE
2. Install EAC PSP by extracting the EACSetup.exe file and double-clicking it and going through it like installing any other program
3. Start EAC PSP by double-clicking on its icon on the desktop
4. When it has opened up,click on start then my computer and then find the music you want in the soundtrack (IT HAS TO BE IN MP3 FORMAT)
5. When you have your music selected,click and hold it then drag it to EAC PSP and drop it in the main window
6. Then a pop-up will come up asking where to save the file.Save it anywhere you want as long as you know where it is
7. EAC PSP will then start converting the track/s
8. It will beep when it is finished and all your tracks shall then be converted to .TOC format
9. Make sure Window's allows you to see file extensions.If it doesn't, go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab> and uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types".
10. After that is done, you change the last 3 letters .TOC to .GTA
11. Now to put the tracks onto your PSP.Connect your PSP to the computer with a USB cable and enable USB
12. Then go to the PSP folder,then the SAVEDATA folder
13. In the SAVEDATA folder create a new folder either called "ULES00151CUSTOMTRACKS" (for the UK/European version) or "ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS" (for the US version)
14. Then place the tracks in this new folder
15. Start up the game then enable custom soundtracks in the options.Each track is treated like a radio station so just press left or right on the d-pad when in a vechile to switch between tracks

Please Help Me i always get this problem for each time i try wit every different mp3

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 98