• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CWCHEAT 0.2.2 RELEASED

weltall

Here it is a new version of cwcheat: 0.2.2.
This version was focused towards supports tools.
As you may notice from the changelog there is a new application for pc called "CWCHEAT Pointer searcher".
This new application will allow you to search for pointers codes in an extremely easy way and will take over the work from the search comparation to the cheat generation so you don't need to know anymore most complex informations about how pointers works before being able to make new cheats.
This application was made with the gtk+2.0 api and for now i was able to build and include linux and windows versions. You can find both in the PC folder in the package.
Another support tool which was extremely updated is the db downloader which was ported finally to 3.x kernel and features dialogs to connect and manage requests for user input. A 1.x build is still available but except some under the hood updates it's still the same.
As for the package there were various changes in order to make it easier to understand to new users. The confusion-makers "MS_ROOT" folders were removed and in their places some "INSTALL" folders were put. Not only that but cwcheat plugins were moved to the cwcheat subdirectory of seplugins to make things easier. This will make currently available tutorials wrong as of now but it was a needed change to avoid more "i have only an mp_root folder i have to put files there?". Not only this but various files used for loaders like irshell were renamed from *-IRSHELL to *-LOADER and full versions and pops versions of them were added. Finally the 360- folder became ALL as it contains the prx for all the firmwares except 3.7x.
Now if the msfatmod patch for 3.8x/3.9x was installed the memory stick informations are again available, yet they are disabled for those who didn't install it
Some fixes and little details in various functions as always were done, the polish translation was really added this time and now it's available an sdk to describe cwcheat exported functions.

Enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD
DONATE

cwcheatpointersearcherwz5.png

Code:
0.2.2 RELEASE
=====================

- [ALL] Now cwcheat checks if you are using the ms driver patch by dark alex which uses the 3.7x prx on 3.8x/3.9x and disables protections enabled
        in the main menu to avoid the bugs of the original 3.8x/3.9x driver. I suggest installing the 3.7x driver if possible.
- [ALL] really added the polish translation by Bolec. (there was a wrong one in the release before this)
- [ALL] renamed 360- folder to ALL as it contains builds for all firmwares except 3.7x
- [PACKAGE] Renamed cwcheat-IRSHELL.prx to cwcheat-LOADER.prx as it's usefull also with other loaders
- [PACKAGE] Added a full cwcheat-LOADER.prx (ex cwcheat-IRSHELL.prx) build. The build available before is in the lite folder, it's called  
            cwcheatlite-LOADER.prx and should be used with irshell.
- [POPS] Added a pops prx for loaders (pratically irshell for now as far as i know). It will start in homebrew mode but you can make it 
         load the pops game id by pressing the same combination as the one used in the psp game prx for loaders in the cwcheat main menu: L TRIGGER + SELECT
         This new build is called cwcheatpopslite-LOADER.prx and it's in the lite folder.
- [ALL] Now the db downloader resolves by itself the ip adress of the server so if the ip changes some times in the future it will always be able to
        resolve the new ip without an update
- [ALL] various cleanups to the db downloader thanks to insertwittyname for some missing things in the sdk
- [ALL] Added some checks for null in the db downloader
- [ALL] db downloader was ported to 3.x kernel. The 3.x version features also a skippable netconf dialog to choose the wanted access point
        (if you don't need it or have problems with it just cancel it and the old behaviour, connect to first ap configuration, will be applyed)
- [ALL] Added a check in the db download for errors returned by the server and used msgdialogs (3.x build) to show some possible errors
- [ALL] (3.x build) Added a check for a bigger database in the memory stick than in the online database. If this happens the user is asked if he wants
        to overwrite it or not.
- [ALL] fixed some bugs in the db save function
- [ALL] now it's possible to relocate the cpu load/fps in game display to the top left position: put a CPUFPS POS   = in the config file and set it as 1
        to enable it
- [ALL] fixed a little bug in the memory dump function which could lead to the first dump being always overwritten when the memory stick was full
- [ALL] now when dumping the ram to the memory stick, even if cwcheat was just started up again, it won't overwrite the dumps starting from 0 but
        will start from the first empty dump slot (note this doesn't affect the dump done by the difference search functions).
        This will be usefull for searching pointers (or more commonly called DMA codes...)
- [ALL] Added an SDK for cwcheat which allows to access some functions which were exported by the plugin for more than one year. It consists of a
        library and an header providing informations on the exported functions.
- [PACKAGE] changed the file structure. now the old MS_ROOT* folders are called INSTALL* to avoid confusion in new users. Plus the plugin prx were moved
            to the cwcheat subfolder of seplugin to increase order and reduce difficulty of manual install. According to these changes the installation
            instructions were changed and now are easier. If you use an old guide keep this changes in mind when following them.
- [ALL] Added a new pc based application pointer searcher built for both linux (tried on ubuntu 7.10) and windows (tried on vista/2003) in gtk+2.0.
        This application will allow estremely easy pointer search: starting with two or more dumps you will be able to do various searches based
        on old results till you iron out the adresses you need. At that point the application can create easily pointer cheat codes for cwcheat:
        8/16/32bit and normal/inverse offset codes can be generated. It can be found in the PC folder of the package in the linux and windows sub folders.

maeirsvs

why cant i acces the "apply cheats manually" option?everytime i press X on the option it wont even bother try to do so XD.. elp

madferret99

Hi
Thanks for this news.
But I have a question and I know that several guys asked this :blushing:

Can you please tell us wich folder shall we paste in our PSP depneding on the version of the CF?

Cause there are lot of folder: 371, ALL, INSTALL and INSTALL_ALL

Can put something like:
for CF 371, copy this folder ...
for CF 380, copy this folder ...
for CF 390, copy this folder ...

I have 3.80 M33 and I don't know if i've pasted the right folder, cause the cheat didn't work (Flatout Head On)...

thanks a lot

weltall

maeirsvs: it's because you didn't understand what that function is for :p apply != a way to insert new cheats, they are input in a different place. that function just runs one time the cheat engine loop manually: in other words it's normal it doesn't open any menu. more informations: http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/wiki/doku.php?id=english:menu:main_in-game_menu

madferret99: only the install ones obviously (and as explained well in the readme) in case of 3.80 you need INSTALL as for 371 you need INSTALL_371 that's all: if you don't know what to do with the 371 and ALL folders ignore them.
anyway if the problem is only that a cheat in a game doesn't work the problem isn't in either cwcheat and your installation but just in who submitted the cheat.

weltall

Here it is a new version of cwcheat: 0.2.2 REV.A
I did this primarly because of the request of a new code type which was required for some new games like god of war.
This new pointer code type allows you to go trough various levels of pointers till the interested area.
This is it's format
0x6aaaaaaa 0xvvvvvvvv
0xqqqxnnnn 0xiiiiiiii

maeirsvs

thanks welltall..one more thing..the files in the ALL folder..what are those for?and if its usefull where to place them and how to use them?cant seem to find it on the read me guide of yours :D

weltall

the ALL folder has various build for particular uses in all firmwares except 3.71. normally you replace the normal prx

Tenshigami

I've been wondering. All sorts of bugs have been fixed in the latest versions, but the one that affects me the most is still there. Are you still looking for a way to make remapsp work in pops, or have you given up? I recently downloaded the remapsp source code so I could take a look at it, but I don't even know how to get a working PSP developement environment set up on my lone WinXP machine >.

weltall

for now i've given up there is a strange iteration and the maximum (how it's setup now) i could get is "co existance of things" pratically remapsp adds things to the original key status so it's at least usable for macros.
the strange about it is that if i clean out the key status to set it with my the generated status magically everything get losen... like if the new status wasn't set at all...

maybe as psplink works better now i could have a look but i don't promise anything.

weltall

Any plans for making the CwcheatLoader.prx compatible with USB ISO Loader?

it works fine with usb iso loader you just have to take in account that usb iso loader takes about 300kb of kernel ram to work so if the game requires more kernel ram you have no way to make it work. try the lite if it still doesn't work there is nothing to do there isn't ram... a good way would be a plugin based usb loader it would take less ram...

weltall

various ways.
cheat searching with the built in cheat searcher. hex editors, file searchers for pcs, disasm...

weltall

Here it is a new version of cwcheat: 0.2.2 REV.B
The main things featured by this update includes the possibility to define (trough configuration file for now) a button to directly open the text reader and an important bug fix of remapsp which didn't report correct values on read/peekbuffernegative calls and so applications/games using them didn't work correctly. This fix allowed remaPSP to be finally completely working in POPS.
Other than this the classic series of bugfixes (including one which didn't allow to use the text reader till next boot if you tried to open a missing file) and the various size optimizations.

Enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD
DONATE
Code:
0.2.2 REV.B RELEASE
=====================

- [ALL] fixed a bug in RemaPSP about buffernegative functions which returned invalid values being returned.
- [POPS] Now REMAPSP works perfectly in POPS
- [ALL] Various optimizations in the remaPSP initialization code which reduced the size of more than 200 bytes
- [ALL] Some optimizations in the memory edit/disasm functions which reduced the size of more than 32 bytes
- [ALL] Added a check aganist tries to open a non existant text file with the text reader
- [ALL] Various size optimizations in the cheat search functions which reduced the size of more than 232bytes
- [ALL] Now it's possible to define a key combination to access directly the text reader from in-game. You can define the buttons by adding them
        to the "TEXTREAD BTN = " entry in the configuration file.
- [ALL] Optimized the functions checking for key combinations. This reduced the size of more than 818bytes

psychomc

-=Model OX=-
Hey this version frozed on me, while loading cheats, REVB, I selected the cheats and press o and then the screen went black and frozed.

weltall

redownload if downloaded before this post i've reverted the optimization which might have caused problems...

bumblebee

I'm using 0.22 Rev B & in the middle of the game (FFVIII), it suddenly keep dumping every few seconds to my memory (it's almost full) eventhough i disable the dump function. I was holding "square" button" so my Ballamb Garden ship could go forward. It slows my game. I'm new to this. Can anyone please please help me?? Tell me how to get rid of this "dump" so it won't keep dumping without my consent.