• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CWCheat with Pops

lockery

Hello everyone, I am trying to get CWCheat to work under pops for Xenogears. I can load up and play the game just fine, but when I hold down select to open up CWCheat, nothing happens. Whenever I play a UMD game or a psp game on my memory stick, I am able to open up CWCheat. I am running 3.90 M33 and the popsloader is 3.72. I have also held down R trigger while starting up the game and I am have tried both build in pops and 3.72.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lockery

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello everyone, I am trying to get CWCheat to work under pops for Xenogears. I can load up and play the game just fine, but when I hold down select to open up CWCheat, nothing happens. Whenever I play a UMD game or a psp game on my memory stick, I am able to open up CWCheat. I am running 3.90 M33 and the popsloader is 3.72. I have also held down R trigger while starting up the game and I am have tried both build in pops and 3.72.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lockery

Do you have the plugin enabled under POPS mode? Boot into recovery mode and check.

lockery

I have the following plugins enabled:

cwcheat.prx [GAME]
popsloader.prx [POPS]
cwcheatpops.prx [POPS]

disabled:

cwcheat.prx [GAME150]

Thanks,
Lockery

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have the following plugins enabled:

cwcheat.prx [GAME]
popsloader.prx [POPS]
cwcheatpops.prx [POPS]

disabled:

cwcheat.prx [GAME150]

Thanks,
Lockery

What's in your pops.txt?

Try moving the cwcheatpops.prx line to the top and see if that fixes it.

Systemreset

How do i boot up to recovery mode? i have 3.90m33 and i try holding the right tigger and turn on the power and nothing?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How do i boot up to recovery mode? i have 3.90m33 and i try holding the right tigger and turn on the power and nothing?

Are you holding R? You need to keep holding it while you turn on the PSP until the menu shows.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i tryed that do i need the magic stick in my psp or can i just used a standard memory stick?

Doesn't matter. Either way works.

If you can't access it that doesn't really make sense because there is no setting that can actually disable the menu. Does your R button work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yeah it works am i doin it right? hold the r button and slide the power button on. right?

Yes, but keep holding it after sliding the power button. Are you completely shutting down your PSP before doing this? You need to hold the power switch up for around 6 seconds.

Richlando

Disable the cwcheat.prx (GAME) and popsloader.prx.As long as you've already been playing the game in 372 that won't change (the pops version you're using.) Cwcheat should load now.I'm not sure why this happens but sometimes it does,for me as well.

Systemreset

when i hold the power button for more than 4 seconds the psp turns off. i know its werid. i just got the psp slim and had 3.90 already installed so i installed the cfw 3.90m33 and it works great