• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

cyclo DS

january39

eXo Staff
I have a DS or will in one week anyway, done some research and i need a flashcart, i have been looking around and CycloDS seems to be the one to go for.

I have no idea on model#,Serial etc until i get the DS.

So, is cyclo the one to go for? Is there anything more i need other than a Mem card and the flash cart?

!00% new to ds here. Thanks

Darkchild

The Doctor
I'd go for AceKard, but cyclo DS is also fine.

though, what you need is the firmware files on the microSD card

after that, you are good to go :)

P.s: Just be sure that you only use 4GB or bigger microsd cards IF the cart has SDHC support!

january39

eXo Staff
What about this?

acekard 2

I am assuming that the firmware files are in fact the acekard software files? Does this seem costed about right?

Thxs

Darkchild

The Doctor
yes and no

www.dealextreme.com

you get way better prices there and free shipping

got mine and a 2GB card for less than 17$

while what you have there is 34 pounds, and its probably from someone who could rip you off!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Darkchild

The Doctor
Good to see you agree with me :)

but Dealextreme also sells microSDs,

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

2GB for 5.14$

in other words:

--------
19.43$

While from ebay it would cost:

34.99 GBP = 51.1154 USD

putting shipping aside ofc (Dealextreme offers FREE SHIPPING!)

P.S: I just realized :D It's been 2 years since I first registered in this website :D hurray!

january39

eXo Staff
Right thanks both, deal extreme it is. ;)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Good to see you agree with me :)

but Dealextreme also sells microSDs,

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

2GB for 5.14$

in other words:

--------
19.43$

While from ebay it would cost:

34.99 GBP = 51.1154 USD

putting shipping aside ofc (Dealextreme offers FREE SHIPPING!)

P.S: I just realized :D It's been 2 years since I first registered in this website :D hurray!

Reason why I pointed to Amazon instead of DealExtreme for the microSD is because they are known to sell fakes. Some people have received fake Memory Stick Pro Duos from there. This was awhile back though, perhaps they only sell genuine sticks now. Going by the reviews posted on the site no one has seemed to have any issues.

angelsniper45

Ive been thinking about getting a DS to, do DSi have flashcart compatibility or no? ive been researching to. the thing about the ds though, im hooked on some psp games and homebrew, since my umd hardware broke, i need to upgrade to a 3k.

but the ds has the nintendo games, which are my 3nd favorite. and for that matter, i would like to use that without having emulate.

Which one should i go for?