• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Davee, can we get an official fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilspanyol

I want it to , c'mmon don't be mad about this unofficial fix , most of us are just sitting here and waiting for yours , are you really gonna let your work be destroyed by someone unknown?

keemyb

Thanks Davee
These are my first posts, i've been on the chat ALOT making sure that nobody rushes you (which im not trying to do). Take your time man, but if possible it would be nice for an official fix.

I'm not downloading the unofficial one, can people just wait?
I know there sguys out there without homebrew on their 3000's but why don't we let the main man come through (again) and show us the real stuff?

Not dissing the guy who made this fix but I don't think it's right that someone should get so far, and then for someone else to step in and do the uneccessary. Not sure why you did it, it appreciate what you did, but let him do his work.

You've been a big help.

EDIT: Sorry maibrithahn, reading my comment again sounds a lil' harsh, so this is me apologising, probably just got caught up in the moment. Maybe you guys should work together or something?

G0l3m

Davee as i mentioned weeks before. You are the man!

You deserve all credits, all donations, and of course a lot of girls loving you for this work.

You have done a great job, and we know that you are able to release that thing aswell.

Thank you so much! We see us in the IRC ;)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Davee I shall put forth an official request for an official update:

Davee/Team Typhoon,

As a member of the community I would like to request an official update to HEN. While this "unofficial" fix works, it is not too late to provide an official fix to make us all happy and feel safe. There have also been reports of the fix failing on some PSPs (so we need your help!)

TRFyuki

MessageBoxA No License!
I'm going to be blunt.

Firstly, if Davee is upset over a fix of his work, isn't that irony at it's best? In essence, aren't we applying a "fix" to the PSP when we homebrew it? To get upset because someone fixed something about your product/item is plain old dumb, no offense. Not only that, but to not officially fix it because of it is childish, and makes you look like a developer that can't follow through.

I really appreciate all the work thus far Davee, it's been fantastic. But, if you aren't going to come around, and continue to act like a 5 year old, I can't support you any longer. Once again, I'm not flaming, just being.. blunt. Sometimes a person has to be to get his point across.

I know a lot of anti-Davee talk gets deleted, so I would like to ask if this weren't, because I feel it might get a point across.

Agree 100%... HOWEVER, I do not think Davee is "upset". I just think he doesn't feel he needs to put out a fix. Just pure logic. Now, if this is some kind of emotional thing and Davee is somehow pouting because maibrithahn "stole his thunder" then, that would not be good. The hackers are all in this together, donating their skills to come together and make code. No need to be upset about that; just concentrate on an updated h.bin.

Or... we can just drop all this, and hackers on the scene can start developing ways to attack & move forward on the PSP through this HEN and not worry about where this h.bin came from.

HurricaneGautam

Davee's HEN ran 100% of the time for me with no scrolling tricks. I cant stand the fix it runs like 20% of the time and i have to scroll like a mad man to acheive this.

Jimi

I agree, I'm not even installing the ChickHEN until he releases a patch himself or at least accepts the fix creator's patch as approved by him.

Thanks for all your hard work Davee and Team Typhoon.
Can't wait to develop something and see it on the PSP!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Davee you are the one who made this dream come true, you are the one who should see it thru to the end and get the credit you deserve! You are the father of chickHEN and you should be remembered for being the one who made it possible. Give us an official fix and cement your name in history as it should be!

You have my support!

Cloudy

I'm going to be blunt.

Firstly, if Davee is upset over a fix of his work, isn't that irony at it's best? In essence, aren't we applying a "fix" to the PSP when we homebrew it? To get upset because someone fixed something about your product/item is plain old dumb, no offense. Not only that, but to not officially fix it because of it is childish, and makes you look like a developer that can't follow through.

I really appreciate all the work thus far Davee, it's been fantastic. But, if you aren't going to come around, and continue to act like a 5 year old, I can't support you any longer. Once again, I'm not flaming, just being.. blunt. Sometimes a person has to be to get his point across.

I know a lot of anti-Davee talk gets deleted, so I would like to ask if this weren't, because I feel it might get a point across.

How would you like it if you made something, and someone else altered it less than 24 hours after its release? If source was released, maybe I could understand.

However, someone actually reversed this to find out how to fix it. Surely people could have been patient enough to wait for less than 24 hours for a fix? Obviously the person who fixed it was too anxious for glory.

If someone you didn't know (or even someone you did) tried to fix something of yours that was broken without permission, would you want them to do it?

Anyway, I digress. I know my viewpoint will probably be unpopular.

All I'm gonna say Davee, is just do what you feel like doing. Don't let anybody try to harass you into releasing an official fix right now. At the end of the day, this is your baby and you can do whatever you want with it.

I'm not going to say what I'd do in this situation ;)

Cloudy

ketchup

How would you like it if you made something, and someone else altered it less than 24 hours after its release? If source was released, maybe I could understand.

However, someone actually reversed this to find out how to fix it. Surely people could have been patient enough to wait for less than 24 hours for a fix? Obviously the person who fixed it was too anxious for glory.

If someone you didn't know (or even someone you did) tried to fix something of yours that was broken without permission, would you want them to do it?

Anyway, I digress. I know my viewpoint will probably be unpopular.

All I'm gonna say Davee, is just do what you feel like doing. Don't let anybody try to harass you into releasing an official fix right now. At the end of the day, this is your baby and you can do whatever you want with it.

I'm not going to say what I'd do in this situation ;)

Cloudy

I wouldn't mind.

Firstly, I am sure any fix Davee would release would not only be much more appreciated and renowned, but it would most likely work better. People are impatient, and every developer should realize that.

Snowlight

Davee should release a official fix, because it's HIS project! Maybe he want's to take some time off because of the partialy working unofficial fix. I think the guy who fixed the h.bin never wanted credit or something, just fixed something to get some homebrew working, whatever it remembers me of waninkoko, maybe the same situation i hope not...

abchopra2010

Davee put some credits in the hen! So everyone knows who made it. Here in india people will be making $$$ for selling your HEN.

And Thanks For the Hen. Waiting for the official fix. :D

Atom

yes davee, thank you so muchhhhh!!!!
i really couldn't express how grateful i am right now...
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

and i will wait for the official fix =)

Colm

I've been watching the HEN channel and although the modded h.bin works, we're getting reports of failures. Maybe a proper fix and not a hex-edit would help?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Thanks for all the support guys!

Davee has decided to release an update after all, read our front page article for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.