• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Davee Downgrades PSPgo from 6.31 to 6.20

Hellcat

Contributor
Too lazy to quote everyone, so just my thoughts while reading the repies:

- The PSPgo is totally my fav. model of the PSP, no matter if hacked or not I totally prefer it over any 1k/2k/3k; It's the sum of all of the small details that make it total win (for me, at least)
- Whoever doubts Davee really having d/g'ed a GO from 6.31 to 6.20 obviously has no clue what he/she/it is talking about! I *TOTALLY* believe him, no "rumor state" at all - granted he didn't release a lot of the things he did (but believe, he *DID* do them! I can assure you!) but he gave slight hints to actually release this one! So, I BEG YOU stop bashing him before he decides NOT to.
- impulse / npt \o_ hey there :D yeah, being able to run my own compilings on my GO.... total win, f*ck, I'd *PAY* for this xDDD

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'll only buy a new PSP revision if they put in a FUCKING RIGHT ANALOG STICK :mad:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'll only buy a new PSP revision if they put in a FUCKING RIGHT ANALOG STICK :mad:

Why? The only PSP game that needs a second analog stick is Monster Hunter... Stop whining about that, it's unnecessary and irritating xD

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Why? The only PSP game that needs a second analog stick is Monster Hunter... Stop whining about that, it's unnecessary and irritating xD

Because the PSP has needed a right analog stick since it's creation... It is quite a requested feature.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Because the PSP has needed a right analog stick since it's creation... It is quite a requested feature.

And it was uneeded the whole time, no game well done needed it, nor will they ever... A portable console isn't a damn living room console... Live with it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
And it was uneeded the whole time, no game well done needed it, nor will they ever... A portable console isn't a damn living room console... Live with it.

Fair enough, I haven't even played my PSP in ages, don't really like any of the games :p

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
why would someone create a game that needs it if it's not there?

Monster Hunter needed a damn second analog for decent camera control, but CAPCOM didn't seem to care xD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
WOOOOOSH

Anyway, FPS games are too clunky for my liking. This will change when a second analogue stick comes along.

Keep FPS's out of handhelds... It's bad enough on home consoles as is...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
you really need to stop posting your opinions as fact

I'm not saying it's a fact... I'm just saying that handhelds are the only platforms where I can play and enjoy a good game without having as a pre-requisite shooting everything up... Even home console RPGs do it now, look at Mass Effect.

However should you disagree with me feel free to voice your opinion instead of making empty witty comments.

RoBz

sucker
I'm sorry but if you believe that the PSPgo is only good if it's hacked then you are an idiot, sir. I don't mean offense, I'm just stating a fact.

On the topic though, awesome job Davee. I look forward to reaping the profit xD
you make me sick

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
you make me sick

As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact. That might not make it a fact, but at least I have a better reasoning about it than people like the post you quoted. The PSPgo is what the PSP should have been all along, it's not bulky, it's PORTABLE and it has a sleek design. People who just say "eh, it sucks" just because it's not "hackable" are idiots who don't even care about gaming one bit.

Feel free to disagree, feel free to insult me, I don't care anyway.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact. That might not make it a fact, but at least I have a better reasoning about it than people like the post you quoted. The PSPgo is what the PSP should have been all along, it's not bulky, it's PORTABLE and it has a sleek design. People who just say "eh, it sucks" just because it's not "hackable" are idiots who don't even care about gaming one bit.

Feel free to disagree, feel free to insult me, I don't care anyway.

I thought the original PSP was fine except for UMDs and the lack of a right analog stick.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I thought the original PSP was fine except for UMDs and the lack of a right analog stick.

Kinda was. It was too big to be really portable, having owned a 1000 and a 3000 before the Go, I can tell you there is a huge difference because I can carefreely take my Go pretty much anywhere on my clothing without having a huge bulk. The other two never gave me that much freedom and considering I use my PSPgo for music other than gaming, it was really a blessing. In all honesty, whenever I pick up an older model I'm baffled at how huge the thing is and how badly it was designed.

As for the second analog, I said my piece already. I really do believe it's unecessary but I also know that there's a 95% probability that the PSP2 will have it. So good for you I guess xD

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Kinda was. It was too big to be really portable, having owned a 1000 and a 3000 before the Go, I can tell you there is a huge difference because I can carefreely take my Go pretty much anywhere on my clothing without having a huge bulk. The other two never gave me that much freedom and considering I use my PSPgo for music other than gaming, it was really a blessing. In all honesty, whenever I pick up an older model I'm baffled at how huge the thing is and how badly it was designed.

As for the second analog, I said my piece already. I really do believe it's unecessary but I also know that there's a 95% probability that the PSP2 will have it. So good for you I guess xD

I never realllly had a probably with the size of the PSP-1000 or PSP-2000, but oh well.
Second analog sticks are brilliant, FPS games, racing games, etc...
Eh I probably won't buy it anyway unless it's fairly cheap :p I'm more of a console gamer and I prefer DS games over PSP games, there are no PSP games I can say I really like as I said (GTA games were OK, but on DS there's Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario, which are always fun games)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I never realllly had a probably with the size of the PSP-1000 or PSP-2000, but oh well.
Second analog sticks are brilliant, FPS games, racing games, etc...
Eh I probably won't buy it anyway unless it's fairly cheap :p I'm more of a console gamer and I prefer DS games over PSP games, there are no PSP games I can say I really like as I said (GTA games were OK, but on DS there's Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario, which are always fun games)

The PSP really has great games, but I believe they're all more around the RPG genre, which you don't seem to really like. The PSP has innovative and fresh games (Patapon, LocoRoco) and really solid games (GoW, Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear) but in the marketing and software department, Sony REALLY dropped the ball. I've stated that unless Sony does something brilliant, I'll go for the 3DS next gen, just because Nintendo has the experience to make my portable console be better and I was really disappointed by Sony and how they acted with the PSP.

I'll have to hold until my 3DS to finally play some DS games that I've wanted to for a while, but all-in-all I take much more enjoyment out of my PSP library.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
The PSP really has great games, but I believe they're all more around the RPG genre, which you don't seem to really like. The PSP has innovative and fresh games (Patapon, LocoRoco) and really solid games (GoW, Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear) but in the marketing and software department, Sony REALLY dropped the ball. I've stated that unless Sony does something brilliant, I'll go for the 3DS next gen, just because Nintendo has the experience to make my portable console be better and I was really disappointed by Sony and how they acted with the PSP.

I'll have to hold until my 3DS to finally play some DS games that I've wanted to for a while, but all-in-all I take much more enjoyment out of my PSP library.

I played and finished LocoRoco and got lots of enjoyment out of that, but no replayability.