• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Decision '08

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
This thread is for discussion of this year's election. Please keep things civilized- it will be strictly moderated.

Adiuvo

The area where I live seems pretty evenly split between the two main candidates. Not with any reason, though. We had a debate on the candidates in class and supporters for both sides were idiots. The typical responses for either Mccain supporters was that Obama is a terrorist, and for Obama supporters it was that Mccain is going to croak when he becomes president.

Hopefully, my class will never become voters. This was an honors class, and if they are that stupid then they should have no say in anything.

Serideth

Most of us in Ireland want Obama to get it, the thing is though the media over here can't print a non bias view of things so most people or completely misinformed about that's happening.

I myself would like Obama to get it, I don't really like him, but I'd rather have him over Mccain.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Does anyone have any opinions on the debate? I missed it, trying to find it to download but been unsuccessful so far.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Bossmanuk said:
Does anyone have any opinions on the debate? I missed it, trying to find it to download but been unsuccessful so far.
You could probably find it on youtube.

It was pretty good, except that it consisted of so many lies (even more than previous debates). Schieffer did a good job.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
He was better this time around but John McCain looked like he could crack under the pressure of the debate at any given time.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
I'm halfway through. McCain has looked as if he'd like to punch obama a few times. I rofl @ this part:

Obama: I will cut taxes for 95% of American people
McCain: What about Joe the plumber?

I'd say 95% is a large enough majority for me to not give a shit about Joe the plumber.

eldiablov

Contributor
Bossmanuk said:
I'm halfway through. McCain has looked as if he'd like to punch obama a few times. I rofl @ this part:

Obama: I will cut taxes for 95% of American people
McCain: What about Joe the plumber?

I'd say 95% is a large enough majority for me to not give a shit about Joe the plumber.

Tell me about it, "He wants to spread your wealth Joe". WHO CARES?!

gamehunter101

Personally it doesn't make much of a difference for me since the electoral college will decide who's the president but Obama will be a bit of a better choice for America's image. Both of them are basically the same thing,morphed to appear different to the masses.

Robby

Los Doyers!
If I was earning alot of money and if I had to pay higher taxes and STILL had enough for a pretty damn good living I wouldn't care.

But yea, I would love to see Obama win.

McCain did seem like he had anger issues during the last debate too.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Vote Nuclear War ... Vote McCain.
But no seriously, i can see Obama doing the US a whole lot of good.
I would hate to see the old guy and the milf in the white house \:

_Seven

QuickJay said:
If I was earning alot of money and if I had to pay higher taxes and STILL had enough for a pretty damn good living I wouldn't care.

But yea, I would love to see Obama win.

McCain did seem like he had anger issues during the last debate too.
Yeah, he was making faces and shit in the background, interrupting, etc. That's just plain disrespectful.

.A.J.

_Seven said:
Yeah, he was making faces and shit in the background, interrupting, etc. That's just plain disrespectful.

He's done that in all of the debates. It makes him seem childish, to me. I'm voting Obama. I'm also going to hear him speak tomorrow.