• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Deckman98's Help Thread

Alex

i got a question....
when i try to install in the 150k addon on 5.00m33-6 abouty half way through the flashing process it fails and boots to xmb.
whats wrong my psp?

J

jx233

Maybe its a bug of 5.00 M33-6.

My advice is to downgrade back to an older firmware first, (like 3.90 M33-3). Then update to 5.00 M33-1. On 5.00 M33-1, install 1.50 kernel addon. Then update to 5.00 M33-6.

Alex

it installed, but when i updated to m33-6 the 150 apps stopped working, oh well, i'll stick to m33-1, thanks you. and i think you mean "my advice is to..." not "my help..."
:D

J

jx233

alex_e said:
it installed, but when i updated to m33-6 the 150 apps stopped working, oh well, i'll stick to m33-1, thanks you. and i think you mean "my advice is to..." not "my help..."

Update to M33-4, it should still work.

BTW,M33-1 is full of popsloader bugs, that's why I'm saying to go M33-4 afterwards.

Alex

i dont play psx games on my psp atm, im using it for homebrew, im attemting to make a flasher but i cant get hold of the grips of the scefileIo code :'(
but thanks for your help, much appreicated.
loving your dp btw ;)

deckman98

Trained Professional
any questions?

Alex

i got 2, lol
1) what id the benifits of using the latest irshell?
2) what does team wildcards 3.40 le cfw have that the current cfw hasnt, excepft from the fact it is a reverse engine of oe ?

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
i got 2, lol
1) what id the benifits of using the latest irshell?
2) what does team wildcards 3.40 le cfw have that the current cfw hasnt, excepft from the fact it is a reverse engine of oe ?

1) If you have a phat, IRshell allows your PSP to be used a a remote. (via infrared)
It has a lot more compatibility than your XMB and the new IRshell will also feature multitasking. It has a good file handler which can open .pdfs and other extra files (which means no need of any other 3rd party apps) and it has a file browser... It also has greater compatibility with homebrew sometimes :)

2) No idea, never used it :smile:

P.S. I have joined the group, but can someone add me to the list on the 1st post. Thank you.

Alex

arent you a mod?
your one on dark-alex.org arent ya?

J

jx233

alex_e said:
yh i see ya over there when im updating myself on the scene.

Yeah, I found source code to something very good, and I'm going to work on that too. :D

J

jx233

mortalinstincts said:
hey jx233, can you add me to the list? (since your a moderator)

I don't have the priveledge's to edit stuff in the PSP Help Center. Sorry.
I only moderate certain sections.

Check here to see where I moderate.

J

jx233

mortalinstincts said:
oh okay...

well. i hope january39 sees this... (as he is online right now)..

or deckman himself :)

deckman98 isn't really online that much, but maybe you could send a private message to january39 about adding you to the list.

EDIT: mortalinstincts was already added.