• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC DNF demo is live

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The DNF demo just went live for anyone that registered in the first access club. I'm downloading it from Steam now - 1.7GB :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Started downloading too and mine just finished, don't know if I'll play much of it tonight though, already a bit late for me.

Decided to give it a whirl. It looks like it was the same demo that was playable at PAX. Got a solid 10-15 minutes out of it

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Demo is pretty short - 15 mins or so, but it gives you a good taste of what to expect. The gameplay feels straight out of 1996, I suppose that's a good thing though since they are banking on nostalgia to move copies. Not sure if I'll buy yet but Duke fans won't be disappointed.

One thing that bugged me is the weapon limit, seems you can only carry 2 weapons at once. Seems silly in a game like this.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So the game has been leaked for a couple of days now and I don't see why people have been wanting this game so badly. I'm not liking it at all.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So the game has been leaked for a couple of days now and I don't see why people have been wanting this game so badly. I'm not liking it at all.

Wanting it? We'll it's been in development for 12 years now, has escaped death, and is part of the much loved Duke Nukem series, which was quite unique back in its day

Zx30

Beto

I haven't played it yet, but I'm with you on what I've seen so far. Duke's one liners are funny at times but most times it falls short. Some gameplay also looked bland compared to what we have today(Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Halo, Gears of War, etc)

Robby

Los Doyers!
I think the only people who are going to really enjoy it are Duke Nukem fans from back in the day. Not really going to be appeasing to people who never played DK, but maybe they weren't even trying to do that.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I think the only people who are going to really enjoy it are Duke Nukem fans from back in the day. Not really going to be appeasing to people who never played DK, but maybe they weren't even trying to do that.
Fuckin exactly.

If they were trying to appeal to the average tard that plays CoD, the game would be a lot different.
In a lot of ways.

As it is, it's a fun, old school type game with a nice change of pace compared to shit that's the same thing every time like CoD.

For example, i'm sure people will bitch about no iron sights. I'm glad it doesn't. That's becoming too generic these days and few do it truly well.

El Diablo

I don't think they are buying it for "Omg this is going to be a great amazing game and blow everything else away." I think it's more nostalgia, putting a close to a 14 year old story finally, and I mean the game is really a novelty at this point.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ouch...not very good. I intend on giving it a shot regardless, especially since my dad is a huge fan of DN

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It got 5.5/10 on IGN...
I've never played the first Duke Nukem but thought that looked reasonably good from the trailers, what do those of you who have the full game think?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Robby

Los Doyers!
I have it on xbox and thought it wasn't good.

I heard the xbox version isn't as good as the PC version though.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It's a game from basically over a decade ago. What the fuck did everyone expect?
You seriously cannot in anyway compare this to modern shooters like Call of Duty or Crysis or whatever. It's from a different era.
The average gamer will probably compare it to games like that. People who are Duke Fans, will be able to enjoy it for what it is and enjoy the older style gameplay

El Diablo

Except for the part where they tried to make it like current games and only carry 2 weapons QQ why would they do that.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I know you can't compare it to current games obviously, but they did hype up this game alot and I'm just gonna say, alot of people will be disappointed.