• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrading a 3.01

yasagani

Greetings and here I am again with a question. I sorta convinced another friend of mine to downgrade his PSP. His firmware version is currently 3.01 and his PSP was about the day it was released in the US. His is also psp-10001. I've told him to check if it wasn't a TA-082 just to be sure using this picture:
http://www.divineo.de/divineo_support/products/psp-udpl/files/ta-082 check.jpg
and he told me it wasn't.

Now since he has FW 3.01 and there seems to be no downgrader for that specific firmware, would it be safe to upgrade to 3.03 then use its downgrader?

Thanks in advance,
yasagani

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep, its safe.

yasagani

Why exactly do I need GTA to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.50? Previous versions didn't require this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Why exactly do I need GTA to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.50? Previous versions didn't require this.

because it uses an exploit in the GTA: LCS savegame, also make sure its the unpatched GTA (one with 2.0 update on the UMD).

yasagani

well I don't suppose there's any other way to downgrade his 3.01 without the use of GTA then? Should I stay put and wait for some more advanced downgraders?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well I don't suppose there's any other way to downgrade his 3.01 without the use of GTA then? Should I stay put and wait for some more advanced downgraders?

you need GTA for 2.81-3.03, its possible a different method will come out someday but I wouldn't count on it. Try rental stores like Blockbuster, they should have unpatched GTA: LCS.