• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Egghunt.bin For 3001, MUST DELETE IT!

afteralter

S for Surreal
davee's hen works for me everytime.. or at least 1 out of 2 tries.. or 1 out of 1.. i never deleted egghunt.bin (except of course when i formatted my memory stick)

fenerche is right. why would a dev make something that would make his work NOT load?? davee's not a dumbass. i'm very grateful he made chickhen. i was new to the psp scene and started reading articles bout psp3k getting hacked. *never heard of davee/team typhoon, dax, matiaz, hellcat that time* (lol i was a noob)

when i then tried to look for psp3k exploits, i googled psp3000 exploit and saw mformature. then started reading much bout psp. *i'm not really a dev though, i just tinker up with gadgets/programs* learned much from this site and other sites (pspgen, dax's site, etc etc etc)

oops. got carried away. sorry :p

PS : thanks Davee :)

edit

for those who has problems loading chickhen
simply discover your own method in loading hen. like what i did to mine. took me about 10 minutes to discover it. i've posted it somewhere here, you might wanna try.. *forgot the thread, sorry* will look for it :p

another edit :
here try this (didn't see the thread, but i had saved txt files in my pc for my pals XD)

assuming that you have put h.bin on ms0 and chickhenr2(with the images) folder on ms0:/PICTURE
1. shut down your psp (not sleep mode, turn it OFF as in hold the power button up until the LCD turns black)
2. turn on your psp
3. go to settings > system settings > system information (you just have to view the system information)

it'll be like this
(in OFW)

System Software : Version 5.03
Nickname : XXXXX
Mac Address : XXXXXX

now this is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP

4.) GO TO PICTURES and OPEN CHICKHEN FOLDER and "WAIT"

your screen "crashes" and psp reboots

now go to your system information and you'll see this

system software : 5.03 ChickHEN R2
Nickname : XXXXXX
Mac Address : XXXXX

you have now loaded CHICKHEN R2

i am using the chickhen r2 from davee's website and/or quickjump downloads (dl.qj.net)
i have psp3000 silver ratchet and clank bundle pack
i am using a 1 gig, 2 gig, 4 gig, and 8 gig memory stick *the 8gig mem stick is just generic*
works 1 out 1 tries or if unfortunate 1 out of 2 XDD

unlockingsky

I'd rather you didn't post speculation as fact. The whole unstability of the HEN is caused by the TIFF exploit.

davee is dead right about this. this nothing more than making claims without support. imposing your own knowledge upon others to accept is a fact does not work on a educated community. good luck trying to oppress a dumber community.

nubixx.. im your father... rofl...

i did have the same problem loading hen. why not try restoring psp to default settings? it worked perfect for me. try and report back =)

fenerche

Someone should just lock this.No need for such threads and speculations.

Dan

Contributor
I'm getting sick of seeing this thread daily. If you aren't respecting/believing decisions made by the developer himself then your just ungrateful in my opinion. So what, if for you, you have to delete egghunt.bin everytime you reboot? It isn't the same for everybody else (ex.1), just get a media manager from somwhere and use that if your so bothered.

I'd rather you didn't post speculation as fact. The whole unstability of the HEN is caused by the TIFF exploit.

I agree, what else can i say? Your assuming there is a problem with HEN when there obviously isn't for other people.

rileysnotz

This is rubbish. I've never had a problem in loading the HEN with the egghunt on the ms. I've never had to delete it to get the HEN to load. If anyone's having a problem with the egghunt, well delete it dammit. Just because you think it's causing a problem doesn't mean that it is. It could just as well mean you haven't found a method of loading the HEN on your PSP. This thread really needs to be locked!

junya8971

My first day on this site, and damn what's all this about the egghunt.bin file? I never had to delete mine either and I use a PSP-3000 (Jap). Like the others have said it's all a matter of how you load the HEN on your PSP. For me this is what I do and has worked for everyone else I have helped in other forums.

1) Make sure your PSP is on OFW 5.03

2) Put the h.bin file in the root of your MS

3) Put the ChickHEN folder into PSP/PHOTO folder

4) Restore your PSP to default settings(1st time only)

5) In System Settings set as follows:
- Language to ENGLISH
- Character Set to US
- UMD Auto-Start to OFF
- UMD Cache to OFF

6) Goto PHOTO icon and click open the ChickHEN folder and scroll down
and wait. The key here is to open the folder quickly and scroll down.

7) If your screen flashes and the PSP autmatically restarts your in HEN.

This may work the first time and it may not. For me it is usually 1-3 times and I can get the HEN to load.

I know there are lots of tuts on this but I have noticed that no one has mentioned anything of changing the Character Set to US. It took me 2 nights and hours and help from others but it was just changing the Character Set to US that did the trick for me and others I helped. Some may find this useless and some may find it useful. Just wanted to add my comments on this.

P.S.
Davee and Team Typhoon great work!!! Good luck with v3.:laugh: