• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Expired] a-squared Anti-Malware 4.5 for free!

EvilSeph

Administrator

AR3S

G0d of W@R
Wow awesome.. I'll have to check this out. I always love free stuff :p

EvilSeph

Administrator
Could i use this to replace avast! ?

You have one year to evaluate the program. It's difficult to say what AV is the best because different tests yield different results and the results are ever changing... Personally, I rely more on common sense than anything else.

Since I am the only person that uses my PC, I know exactly what I did every day and can pinpoint the cause of an issue pretty easily - if an issue ever comes up.

I haven't been keeping up with the AV tests but there are plenty of free alternatives that you could look into; Microsoft Security Essentials and Comodo AntiVirus are two decent ones I can name off the top of my head.

That being said though, you're generally either really foolish or confident in yourself if you don't have an AV and, in the end, it's entirely up to you what you want to use. Everyone seems to have a different answer.

James.

User Not Found
Good points, after all it is free for a year.
I'll try out a few free ones and a-squared and see what's the least intrusive. I hate avast!'s "Virus database has been updated" popup..

EvilSeph

Administrator
Despite showing up as still being free, I think they removed the link...so I believe this offer is over.