• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Fake Memory Stick: Know before You Buy

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Apart from identifying fake sony ms what about sandisk ms identification? Also, is it true that 8gb memorysticks doesn't work properly with cfw? or it does?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Apart from identifying fake sony ms what about sandisk ms identification? Also, is it true that 8gb memorysticks doesn't work properly with cfw? or it does?

8GB sticks work fine with custom firmware, it's just that they don't work properly with the 1.5 kernel.

Any application that's written for the 3.X kernel will work fine with an 8GB.

alabatusa

ive had my fake memory stick, for ages, abt 2 years bought it of ebay, never have had anyproblems, been working fine ever since, all iso's have worked for me.. only thing is that some homebrews dont work, but im pretty sure thats cos of my noobiness in installn em. it just goes game could not be started and quits, probly have to change to 1.5 kernel

vicount

i bought 2 so called genuine sony 4 gb pro duo and i had checked all the tell tell signs that ebay warned about and they read as unknown on my psp. they are both workin fine, maybe slower than an original card, but nothing i cant live with. i suppose time will tell!

arcenio

it is easy to define an fake m.stick,use your psp eg. power on the psp go to the game you see the memory stick click the triangle,then click the information you see at the bottom of the information of the m.stick.If the info. is unknown the m.stick is fake,if supported its original one.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Double post :(

Is there a Lexar 16GB memory stick?

please do not double post.

as for a lexar 16gb MS,there doesn't appear to be one yet.

http://search.lexar.com/exec/?n=1&u1=q&size=16GB&u2=size&q=memory%20card

these appear to be all the memory cards that lexar do in 16gb versions

EDIT: quick google shows that there does appear to be 16gb MS's about
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/compatibl...Sony/Sony+Cybershot+DSC+T30?gb=1&prodid=12160
but i don't know how respectable that site is since i always use eBay or Overclockers.co.uk

DOUBLE EDIT:
it is easy to define an fake m.stick,use your psp eg. power on the psp go to the game you see the memory stick click the triangle,then click the information you see at the bottom of the information of the m.stick.If the info. is unknown the m.stick is fake,if supported its original one.

this is not true.not all real MS's show as MagicGate:Supported...in fact,if i remember,i seen a friends one time that showed it was real yet it performed like a fake....it's not a be all,end all factor in spotting fakes

reidsara

hey buddy
That was really nice piece of observation.
there are many fake websites which sells product this way and make fool of it.
So many people like you doing great thing like this,
I also want to post some thing like this so I can prevent some users to buying this kind of product.

Gabrille

Ebay put together this fake MS id'ing post. great to read b4 you buy since fakes are EASY to notice.

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-Son...Gate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001535703

Don't use focalprice.com users of this forum have found that they are selling non working devices , at super discounted rates. It is not clearly noted that the parts sold are non working...... Best to stay away from them unless you know what your asking for and buying.

Thank you very much for telling this. Can you share some other "good" web?