• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Fallout 3 DLC

Cryox

Bro.
Well, as many of you probably already know, the Fallout 3 dlc Operation Anchorage (i think thats right) was released recently.

Now, i would have already played this and beat it, but my 360's broke, so i was wondering if it will be worth the download when i do get my box fixed

So, pretty much:
do you like it, 1 out of 10 score, what about it (no spoilers plz)

so yeah....

thanks
~tbb15

Joey

It's like a 6 out of 10. It's not a good as pretty much any of the quests in the actual game.
If you've still got a lot of stuff to do in the original game, then I'd say wait.

I personally, have done almost all the quests, and have been at level 20 for a long time, so that made it worth it just to have more Fallout 3 to play.

Adiuvo

I played it for the PC, but it's the same as the 360 version.

I enjoyed it, but it was a bit short and some landscape issues detracted from the overall experience (floating trees). The items you get at the end are great though, like a gauss rifle and a electrified sword. I think it's a good buy. The biggest problem I found with it was that you couldn't enter the sim area again. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 overall.

Zx30

Beto
It's like a 6 out of 10. It's not a good as pretty much any of the quests in the actual game.
If you've still got a lot of stuff to do in the original game, then I'd say wait.

I personally, have done almost all the quests, and have been at level 20 for a long time, so that made it worth it just to have more Fallout 3 to play.

I hope you don't think you can level past level 20....because I don't think you can..

Adiuvo

The expansion pack in March is supposed to allow you to go to 30. It's called Broken Steel IIRC.

Joey

I hope you don't think you can level past level 20....because I don't think you can..

Yeah, I meant that I reached the cap a long time ago, which meant I had less to play for... Thus, giving this DLC a little more value.

Cryox

Bro.
i thought the ability to go to level 30 or w/e was going to be released with this...

Cryox

Bro.
3rd? what was the first and second? (not including the Anchorage thing) i thought there was only the level up patch and the anchorage, unless the first/second was the ending patch

Joey

3rd? what was the first and second? (not including the Anchorage thing) i thought there was only the level up patch and the anchorage, unless the first/second was the ending patch

Anchorage just came out (which is the first, I don't know why you wouldn't count it), "Pitt" comes out in March, and "Broken Steel" comes with the level 30 cap in April.

Cryox

Bro.
i said dont count because i know about that one and i wasn't sure if it was first or second, kinda hard to explain what i was thinking then...

but what is Pitt? is that an add-on or is it the ending patch... or was that with Anchorage....

Joey

i said dont count because i know about that one and i wasn't sure if it was first or second, kinda hard to explain what i was thinking then...

but what is Pitt? is that an add-on or is it the ending patch... or was that with Anchorage....

It's the next DLC pack that takes place in Pittsburgh. Broken Steel is the thrid one that extends the level cap to 30, and continues the main quest's story.

Cryox

Bro.
okay, now i remember, thanks. I completely forgot about the Pittsburgh one.

thanks again

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
If I don't have an internet connection and I download a DLC at a friend's house, will I still be able to play it at my house?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes, it is tied to the console.

Seth

MD Party Room
Does the ps3 get any dlc?

Teowulf

Yes, it is tied to the console.

The console, or the harddrive? Because that makes sense, but I've heard a mix of people saying that you need to bring your entire console over if you want to download it, which just doesn't make much sense.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The console, or the harddrive? Because that makes sense, but I've heard a mix of people saying that you need to bring your entire console over if you want to download it, which just doesn't make much sense.

It's tied to the console. You need to bring your whole machine over there.

But if you download it under your friends profile, you won't be able to play it. Why don't you just use a 48 hour gold trial and download it from your house?

Teowulf

It's tied to the console. You need to bring your whole machine over there.

But if you download it under your friends profile, you won't be able to play it. Why don't you just use a 48 hour gold trial and download it from your house?

I would download it onto my profile. It's not about me not having live, it's about me not having an internet connection to which my xbox is attached.