• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Favourite Old Skool Video Game Console

blufftexasfiji

What was your favourite video game console back in the day? Mine was definitely the SNES with games like Donkey Kong, star fox, super mario and Secret of Mana :cool:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
well,i grew up as a 4 year old playing the mega drive....then when i was about 8 i got a n64...but i love pretty much all the old consoles.hell,i even play space invaders a lot (thank god for emulation.lol). i even have a space invaders keyring :cool:

but suppose the SNES has a special place in my heart what with zelda,super mario world,mario kart,ff6 and chrono trigger....not to mention super metroid or tales of phantasia :)

dekard10

sinclair zx81 christ! I'm old!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
We actually had one of those Pong boxes. :D

We replaced it with the Atari 2600 when it came out. I guess my favorite on that was Yar's Revenge.

abel

First System was a SEGA Master System

haha Hang-On, Duck Hunt, and Wonder Boy

SNES has to be my fav though

Roe

I'm 14 and I got my first system at 4 or 5 then i remember the gameboy color then a ps2 then psp.

I'm 14 and I got my first system at 4 or 5 then i remember the gameboy color then a ps2 then psp.

well im 15 and i got the snes first then the gameboy,N64,ps1,gameboycolor,gamecube,gba,ds,psp,xbox,wii in that order but i sold my ds (im soooo dum *slaps head*) and use my nephew's ps2 when ever i want :)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well I've had a lot of everything, NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, PSP, DS, GCN, X360, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBASP.

My fav has to be the SNES, with FF3, Zelda LttP, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Allstars/World/RPG...

But more than the actual hardware I love SNES emulation, for without it I would not have the oppotunity to play classics such as ToP, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Front Mission, LiveaLive, Shin Megami Tensei, and the like.

J

Junit

Haha , I got mine at the age of 5 With crash 3 : Warped lol , Turning 15 in july

But Ninja Gaiden nes is fun :D