• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Final Fantasy Dissidia

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The game's been leaked. Boy, I wish I knew how to read Japanese for once...

Happy hunting.

Bran

Yell
sweet, I'm gonna play this tonight and see if I can make sense of anything, then play it again when it's in English and see if I got anything right (most likely not cause everything will be about gay sex in my version of the story.)

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I'm impressed with the gameplay of this game, i really did think that it was going to be disappointing.

Downloading right now.

Scorned

Im realllly excited.

I was going against dl'ing a japanese one, but the temptation broke me down.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I'm impressed with the gameplay of this game, i really did think that it was going to be disappointing.

Downloading right now.

Once you figure it out, it's a really fun game. It's kind of repetitive right now for me because I keep on doing the same thing over and over again, but once I find out how to do more stuff, it'll be a lot more fun. I love how you can combo moves in this. It's definitely one of the best 3D fighting games I've ever played.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Once you figure it out, it's a really fun game. It's kind of repetitive right now for me because I keep on doing the same thing over and over again, but once I find out how to do more stuff, it'll be a lot more fun. I love how you can combo moves in this. It's definitely one of the best 3D fighting games I've ever played.

I played this a few hours ago and i love it! It sucks that we can't understand the story or it would be even better. I also liked the installation screen the chocobo music was a nice touch.

Right now for me its just button mashing since i dont know whats going on (even though there's a guide above) lol.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I played this a few hours ago and i love it! It sucks that we can't understand the story or it would be even better. I also liked the installation screen the chocobo music was a nice touch.

Right now for me its just button mashing since i dont know whats going on (even though there's a guide above) lol.

I'm stuck on Jecht. He's impossible to beat. I got his HP down to 1 once and he killed me. He gets his BP up so high it's not even funny.

Bran

Yell
I have no idea what to do with this game, there are so many menus. I'm assuming you can switch up your attacks with them but I have no idea what's going on. All I can get cloud to do is cross slash and fire balls.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I have no idea what to do with this game, there are so many menus. I'm assuming you can switch up your attacks with them but I have no idea what's going on. All I can get cloud to do is cross slash and fire balls.

Did you not see the guide I put up there? Right click and say view image. It'll let you see it in another window. It tells you everything basically.

Here's how this game basically works though. Square is an HP attack, meaning it will primarily drain HP and some BP (bravery points), which is how strong your attacks are. Circle button does bravery attack, or secondary skill. These are usually physical attacks. And if you do them enough and you can drain your opponent's BP to BREAK, you will get all his BP and your attacks will be ultra strong (sometimes, you can kill them with one HP move). In addition, when you hit them enough with the circle attacks, it'll prompt you to press X, bringing up this cool button selection sequence game (kind of like GOW) where you press circle or square to attack and X to dodge. You can also get these little crystal things that fill up the purple bar on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Once that's full you can use EX mode (activated by pressing square and X), which is sort of like a limit break. R + X is to dodge and R alone is to block. To lock on, use L. That's about it...

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I'm stuck on Jecht. He's impossible to beat. I got his HP down to 1 once and he killed me. He gets his BP up so high it's not even funny.

I decided to put this game down as i was half way through Tidus's story. Mainly because i don't know what's going on and i dont want to spoil anything, just gotta wait for the english version.

I'll play the quick battle mode if i can't resist which will be like tomorrow :p

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I decided to put this game down as i was half way through Tidus's story. Mainly because i don't know what's going on and i dont want to spoil anything, just gotta wait for the english version.

I'll play the quick battle mode if i can't resist which will be like tomorrow :p

I kind of don't pay much attention to the videos. I just play, it's really fun. I'll pay attention to the story once the English version comes out.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I kind of don't pay much attention to the videos. I just play, it's really fun. I'll pay attention to the story once the English version comes out.

Yeah same i just skip the videos. Have you seen the limited edition bundle? I personally think it doesn't look that good, they could of done much better. Only the Box/packaging looks well done, better than the Crisis core box.

I'll pass on that one and wait till next year for Agito psp if SE decide to make one lol.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Yeah same i just skip the videos. Have you seen the limited edition bundle? I personally think it doesn't look that good, they could of done much better. Only the Box/packaging looks well done, better than the Crisis core box.

I'll pass on that one and wait till next year for Agito psp if SE decide to make one lol.

It's way better than the Crisis Core one. Only because it's white and white ceramic PSPs own.

Scorned

Shouldn't this be in action?

And after playing this game for quite some time...must say its really good.

Didn't they say FFXII characters would be in it too? What happened to that?

Bran

Yell
Did you not see the guide I put up there? Right click and say view image. It'll let you see it in another window. It tells you everything basically.

Here's how this game basically works though. Square is an HP attack, meaning it will primarily drain HP and some BP (bravery points), which is how strong your attacks are. Circle button does bravery attack, or secondary skill. These are usually physical attacks. And if you do them enough and you can drain your opponent's BP to BREAK, you will get all his BP and your attacks will be ultra strong (sometimes, you can kill them with one HP move). In addition, when you hit them enough with the circle attacks, it'll prompt you to press X, bringing up this cool button selection sequence game (kind of like GOW) where you press circle or square to attack and X to dodge. You can also get these little crystal things that fill up the purple bar on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Once that's full you can use EX mode (activated by pressing square and X), which is sort of like a limit break. R + X is to dodge and R alone is to block. To lock on, use L. That's about it...
I understand the gameplay HP/BP attack mechanics just fine. It's all the different menus I don't understand (duh cause they are in japanese) I just want to be able to use something other than cross slash as the HP attack, it's boring. Also cause Squall's HP attacks are lame and his BP attacks don't chain.
Shouldn't this be in action?

And after playing this game for quite some time...must say its really good.

Didn't they say FFXII characters would be in it too? What happened to that?
There is only one FF12 character, and it's Galbranth.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I've beaten four parts so far. The Prologue, FF VII, FF VIII, and FF X. I'm going to start IX soon.

And oh btw, I found out how to use different moves. In the customize characters screen (brought up by triangle when you're on the story map or when you're in free battle character selection screen), choose the first option and then the first option again. You'll see a square button thing and a circle button thing. The square are obviously HP attacks and circle are BP attacks. Go into those and just put whatever seems good to you. You'll either get different or stronger attacks. It all depends how far you are.

Scorned

I've beaten four parts so far. The Prologue, FF VII, FF VIII, and FF X. I'm going to start IX soon.

And oh btw, I found out how to use different moves. In the customize characters screen (brought up by triangle when you're on the story map or when you're in free battle character selection screen), choose the first option and then the first option again. You'll see a square button thing and a circle button thing. The square are obviously HP attacks and circle are BP attacks. Go into those and just put whatever seems good to you. You'll either get different or stronger attacks. It all depends how far you are.

Yeah and i think every 5 levels you get a new move, and also to buy weapons/items, its the second to last option in the triangle menu. Once there, the first option is buy, second is sell.

And im thinkin Galbranth is possibly a hidden character you can unlock? If so, im curious as to how to get him...

I understand the gameplay HP/BP attack mechanics just fine. It's all the different menus I don't understand (duh cause they are in japanese) I just want to be able to use something other than cross slash as the HP attack, it's boring. Also cause Squall's HP attacks are lame and his BP attacks don't chain.

If you hold down/left/right you can get a different move with either HP or BP attacks.

And for Squall, so far i have 1 chain moves, and i think i unlocked it at level 5.