• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Final Fantasy VIII

Recin

Well, According to the compatibility thread...

"[ Final Fantasy 8 ] NTSC - works but crashes when using a spell"

:(

No ifs ands or buts about this working properly on the psp?

rabbit

Awesome
You quoted the answer.

Immolatus

Ive got it working so far, almost to the end of disc one using Game id SLPS 02180 (Breath of fire IV) minor lag issues but nothing else so far. When popsloader asks which one i believe i just did "original from flash" this is all on 4.01 M33-2.

Recin

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think changing the game ID would have any effect!

I'll try the FFVII game id, and get back to you in this topic on how it runs.

Immolatus

Hrm FF7 huh?
Try using Zells limit break, some Game id's have different things that cause it to crash, Zells finishing moves tend to do that. I heard selphies does as well... and fighting wendingos and letting Greiver Draw from you during the end fights. Id check all those out. Just to see.

Recin

Ok, I haven't played it hardly, just grinded, got ifrit and tested some gameplay stuff, haven't even done the seeD landing yet. I'll update the topic when I play through it a bit more.

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
I've got FFVIII on my psp and it keeps freezing up when i choose new game.

is it POPS or is it something else that I need to know about?? im running 5.00 m33 on my psp is that a problem.

J

jx233

Which 5.00 M33 are you using? Update to 5.00 M33-6. Then use Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2. The M33-2 popsloader works on M33-6.

And if the game is freezing, have you tryed other pops versions?

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
ok im new to PSX on psp and the updates. My system info just says 5.00 m33 not with the "-6"and ill try a different version of POPS but i'm not to sure

J

jx233

Update to M33-6. "5.00 M33" is full of popsloader bugs.

then use the 5.00 popsloader that I provided in that link.

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
okay ill try that

i got the update but where do i put it ?? on the description it says put the update in the folder GAME/and run. i did that and other things and am still confused?? I also dont get the POPSloader screen when i hit the R trigger when it loads.

sorry never mind i got it now. thanks for telling me my problem.