• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Final Fantasy XI -Discussion and Do you play?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Who plays?
i play on Slyph

twelve

I'm not dead
I did want to give this a go but if I ever decided to play an MMO again it's gonna be WAR.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
for the 360 right?
I seen it for 15$ im not sure if im gonna pick it up since its old.
Dose anyone even play online like a large group?

twelve

I'm not dead
Pokemanz master said:
for the 360 right?
I seen it for 15$ im not sure if im gonna pick it up since its old.
Dose anyone even play online like a large group?
360, PS2 and PC.

FF11 still has a large following. Not as large as WoW but it's still popular. Problem is starting out new at such a late stage is difficult. There aren't many people that are low level so you'll struggle to get groups.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
twelve said:
360, PS2 and PC.

FF11 still has a large following. Not as large as WoW but it's still popular. Problem is starting out new at such a late stage is difficult. There aren't many people that are low level so you'll struggle to get groups.
yea, I heard its best to get into high level group and just level up from there.
I might pick it up this weakened since I got 50$ back from best buy.:tup:
edit- I might need wait an while, I just notice this game is payd monthly.
I want get GOW2 before this.

Trigun

actually that is not true!
you solo until 10 and then since the implementation of level sync it's all good. Finding parties isn't so difficult at the low levels anymore.

There are actually has been a big fluxuation of new players in the last few months.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Trigun said:
actually that is not true!
you solo until 10 and then since the implementation of level sync it's all good. Finding parties isn't so difficult at the low levels anymore.

There are actually has been a big fluxuation of new players in the last few months.
well alot of my friends been buying the game, just beacuse of the fact its really cheep now.
So I can see why there would be new players because of the price tag.
Im gonna pick it up, 30days should be long enough to play before I start paying.

Trigun

Pokemanz master said:
well alot of my friends been buying the game, just beacuse of the fact its really cheep now.
So I can see why there would be new players because of the price tag.
Im gonna pick it up, 30days should be long enough to play before I start paying.
well the game is really slow paced , so don't expect to be like wow'd or super exciting for a while

Serideth

I played it for a while but couldn't get into it, also canceling your subscription is a bitch, I had to ring them up and was put on hold for ages and refered to different numbers.

Bran

Yell
I've always wanted to play this, but I absolutely hate monthly payments.

It would make me feel like FF11 would be the only game I should be playing to get my money's worth.

If the game ever goes free I'd play it.

Noriyuke

This actually got me in and out of MMO's i played this obsessively, i bought the expansions all the way through Chains of Promithea, as well as the stradegy guides and spent countless on it, i got to a Level 54 Warrior, i cant remember the name of the char type but its the Huge motherfuckers. Then after that i couldnt afford the 14.99 anymore. My Cellphone became a priority, then i just fell off because everyone i knew moved on after i was able to reactivate my account, i just stopped using it all together. Then ceased MMO's all together, nothing could compete with the world they created online. At least in my eyes.

Bran

Yell
Trigun said:
yeah, but it's not 15$ it's only 13$ a month and since i have no use for a cellphone whatsoever this easily takes the bucket.
Yeah... If I had a stable Job that's pretty reasonable. My cell is only $40 a month and I have issues paying that every month.

My phone gets turned off a lot.

Noriyuke

Trigun said:
haha. but do you absolutely need your cell phone?

funny you should ask that, i find it cheaper to use peoples kindness to my advantage.

"Hi! Can i please use your cellphone?"

"Sure"

*Run Away*