• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Final Fantasy XI -Discussion and Do you play?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I was just thinking isn't this game on pc?
What if I buy the game can I use an private server or something?
Just to avoid monthly payments.

Bran

Yell
Trigun said:
homeless? :/
I'm homeless about 10% of the year.

Pokemanz master said:
I was just thinking isn't this game on pc?
What if I buy the game can I use an private server or something?
Just to avoid monthly payments.
OH! great idea. I'm sure some of the other people would play on here if we had a private server going.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
z357x said:
I'm homeless about 10% of the year.

OH! great idea. I'm sure some of the other people would play on here if we had a private server going.
I know I would, it might bring in more forum menbers...
I only played on a private server once on maplestory they set up there own monster exp gain after battle.
So if did it for this game it would be little bit better.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
sorry no private servers unfortunately. you'd still be paying money to running your own private server and there would be no one to play with

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
z357x said:
I played WoW on a private server for a while.
hmm.... I wounder
Other then WoW what other games can be played on a private server. We don't need host it ourself just find an stable server that all forum menbers can play on.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
even still wow has 11million subscribers so there are people who can afford to run their own server. FFXI has no where near that ammount and i just don't think it's possible with the Playonline system. I just don't think it will happen at all. the game is over 5 years old if a Private server of any kind could have happened it would've by now

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Trigun said:
even still wow has 11million subscribers so there are people who can afford to run their own server. FFXI has no where near that ammount and i just don't think it's possible with the Playonline system. I just don't think it will happen at all. the game is over 5 years old if a Private server of any kind could have happened it would've by now
yea, I just found out few mins ago you must log into playonline there for privite servers can't work.
I might go out and buy WoW for an private server, its something I won't play forever and well sell once done.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Tenchitsu said:
The only MMO with decent private servers imo is Ragnarok Online.
I heard about it few times even someone requested to me. I might go try it out.
@Trigun I pick it up this later then, if I get an chance.

Bran

Yell
I knew a dood who tried to get me into a RO private server but I did not know what the hell was going on so I deleted it.

I have the original guildwars.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
z357x said:
I knew a dood who tried to get me into a RO private server but I did not know what the hell was going on so I deleted it.

I have the original guildwars.
the guy who recommended to me was over xbox live I don't know what happen to him he left xbl..
Dose everyone vote guildwars official rpg for this forum?:3
lol

Noriyuke

Well, when it comes to private servers a few games comes to mind.

Runescape - Why? My little brother plays this religiously. So i know about Moparscape and Star Wars Scape and all that bullshit.

WoW - Why? I used to do this after my 30 Days for free expired on the game. I Burned a shit ton of copies to my friends and had a private server going on while i was in high school, i burned out after a bunch of people with international friends were willing to go to monthly payments just to hang out with a larger group of people.

Apart from those, my little brother as well as my brother in law play Silkroad Online, which is free, international, and made in Korea. I was first to introduce them to the game and im very disappointed to have done so, i only played till i got to about level 14 and had a million gold. Their playing it obsessively while my brother in law is building bigger and bigger computers to handle multiple copies of the game on one computer. Creating Harvester Bots to make money for his main account. And his 5 Major Guilds with a total of 1500 members. Or something like that. If i had ENGLISH speaking friends that would play with me, i would hop back into it, but with all the spanish, korean, japanese, etc etc players, its no real fun.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
anyone know many people play this game online?
I just got my hands on copy seems like they're doing maintenance right now

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I just got the Ultimate Vana'diel Collection on Steam for 9,99€ and am going to use my 30 day trial... Who still plays this?