• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Final Fantasy XIV Going Pay-To-Play, Version 2.0 Next Year

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ffxiv2.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV suffered from a rocky launch, prompting Square Enix to make drastic changes, including a restructuring of the entire development team. Almost a year later, and it seems things are back on track. Square Enix announced today that the free trial period will come to close between late November and early December, in light of several improvements that have been made over the past several months.

Moreover, a version 2.0 update is due out between September and October of next year, which promises to bring massive changes[...]

Continue reading: Final Fantasy XIV Going Pay-To-Play, Version 2.0 Next Year...

Nader

I guess this is in Japan only? :p
Well, whatever they're doing, I think they should go back to making games like Final Fantasy VII.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It's not Japan only.

It's all been happening in real time during the process of updating the game to this stage from earlier this year until the end of next year.

The only problem is now starting in Late Nov/early Dec they say they are going to start charging Subscription fees now for us to play a game that is still "In-between" being"finished" at all.

It's going to drive a lot of people like me, who play currently away.