• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firefox or Chrome?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sure it working? 0xAF and 16xAF makes a massive difference here. Basically seeing double with 0xAF.

I'm positive. I've never seen a difference with AF on/off in desktop usage.

Brad

Yoshimi
Sure it working? 0xAF and 16xAF makes a massive difference here. Basically seeing double with 0xAF.

Whats happening here is that it looks like shit on anything other then a old school CRT. Your image looks like all sorts of blurriness on my end..

Not many still rock a CRT around these parts

Anisotropic Filtering? That's a 3D setting, isn't it?

You know, for textures at extreme angles. How would it make a difference on a 2D render, and even if it was working, a fully flat texture.

LocutusEstBorg

Tried it at home, and it does look crappy. AF does make a difference. I made a profile in ATi Tray Tools for firefox.exe with Application Controlled everything. The 0xAF adds light colored extra pixels on the side which was what looked like double text on the CRT. And the 16xAF one which I originally posted does look all blurry.

direct2dcomp.png

galaxyswan

1 year ago I would say Firefox, now day I would say Chrome!