• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firmware Update 5.00

Moose

Meta Moose
Updates to the Firmware said:
Official Change Log From The UPDATE Itself:
- The [PlayStation Network] category has been added, and [PlayStation Network]
is now available under this catagory.
- The sleep timer feature can now be used under [Music].
- The system will automatically change the USB mode when a USB cable is
connected.
- The [Original] theme has been redesigned.

Updates for the 2000:
- PlayStation

Adiuvo

Small features? The access of the PSN is enough for me >_>

I like the full keyboard too. It's a bit quicker for some things since you can input two letters much faster now.

Moose

Meta Moose
I was disappointed... the PSN Store does nothing for me. I have homebrew and POPS instead.

Serideth

Davee said:
It's not looking to bright for the custom themes area. Sony screwed them over by removing offsets in the prx's.
Any chance you can explain that in idiot talk to me?

Davee

lolhax
They moved important stuff in the firmware. Now theme dev's can't make fancy themes. For the meantime anyway.

Davee

lolhax
Yeah...

I am hoping they moved it beside the images. It will make stuff easier.

As for Nids, I am pretty upset. I am using unsupported, undocumented (excluding my research) and unresolved nids. It takes a while to find the nids, and update. :(

Davee

lolhax
Adiuvo said:
They've been doing it with most updates for awhile now.

Still doesn't make it any less lame, though.

Usually they find the offsets pretty easily. This time the offsets aren't in the prx's and their location is unknown.

Adiuvo

That's wonderful. Oh well, the theme scene (no pun intended) hasn't been that active for the past few months. Hopefully this well help speed it up.

Davee

lolhax
Adiuvo said:
That's wonderful. Oh well, the theme scene (no pun intended) hasn't been that active for the past few months. Hopefully this well help speed it up.

Actually, the theming scene is very active. Check consolespot.net if you want themes ;)

Blackout

Davee said:
It's not looking to bright for the custom themes area. Sony screwed them over by removing offsets in the prx's.

That's basically the bulk of my reasons to go custom due to how many people are creating such amazing XMB themes. If sony would only allow full customization to the PSP/PS3 XMB, I'm pretty sure their sales would give a great boost.