• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FREE 48 hour XBOX Live Gold Trial

PsypheR

I must be buying the wrong games. Last two games I bought were Fable II and Dead Space. Well I guess you don't need Live for them. Does GoW2/L4D have them?

Chathurga

Kind of defeats the purpose of a free 48 hours though, the fact that you have to buy a game.
This is good for those who just want a small amount of time to play before they buy a month or something, it's not like a month costs a lot at all.

twelve

I'm not dead
Kind of defeats the purpose of a free 48 hours though, the fact that you have to buy a game.
This is good for those who just want a small amount of time to play before they buy a month or something, it's not like a month costs a lot at all.
Defeats the purpose of having a Gold account if you don't have any games to play on it :p

They use it as an incentive not only to buy Gold but also to buy the game. MS aren't exactly well known for giving away anything completely free.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Defeats the purpose of having a Gold account if you don't have any games to play on it :p

They use it as an incentive not only to buy Gold but also to buy the game. MS aren't exactly well known for giving away anything completely free.

At least the online is awesome, otherwise I would not be paying for it right now.

Noriyuke

eh, can someone confirm that there's no monthly thing attached to receiving said 48 hour trial?

Noriyuke

There is none so long as you don't give them your CC information you should be set

Not neccesarily yo, i know of certain ones that like just ask you to agree to something without handing any cc info and they charge it to your cellphone bill.

But maybe im mistaken, this IS to get the 48 hour trial through a text message on your cellphone right?

Can you try to send an SMS through AIM and still receive it?