• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

fw 6.20 memory exploit by Malloxis

HacKmaN

#include
forums.qj.net thread

Malloxis has discovered a new exploit for the PSP go.
He patched the memory to make the wlan-led to stay on the whole time.
This is no fake, Malloxis was the one who discovered the "laughing man" tiff-exploit in fw 5.03.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
this thread is going to break 10k views... for nothing. again.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
yeah thanks.

still i doubt it's going to come to anything even if it's real. there's no one one the "scene" with enough talent (only people that could are all retired) to make a 10%-stable HEN.

HacKmaN

#include
Same oppinion like you.
Since Davee left the scene I doubt that there's anyone who could do something like this. And if I have a look at the current scene I think it's understandable that the most devs retired.

Adiuvo

Eh, I doubt it'll lead anywhere. Even if it does come to something, will any developer want to support it after they start having to put up with what Davee had to?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Eh, I doubt it'll lead anywhere. Even if it does come to something, will any developer want to support it after they start having to put up with what Davee had to?

Usually they don't care as long as they get fame.

eldiablov

Contributor
No, that's total bollox. There are for more talented coders out there that could make a "10% stable HEN", whether they would want to or not is a different matter entirely.

Cloudy

No, that's total bollox. There are for more talented coders out there that could make a "10% stable HEN", whether they would want to or not is a different matter entirely.

I think that is what is meant. Even if they aren't retired as such, most of the scene are ungrateful and only want iso's.

Back on topic, this is interesting, but I'm not sure if it's real. There could be a bug causing the light to stay on etc - and memory editing doesn't neccasarily mean that running code is possible.

HacKmaN

#include
It also seems that the most peaple that are new in the scene think that they got everything they wanted without doing something for it. They think that the other devs would do everything for them and so they don't learn coding theirselfes. So, every dev leaves the scene sometimes, most of them already did and if no new coders came, the scene gets dead.
Sorry for the bad English.

Well, BTT.

n00b81

Just to let everyone know -

The credits he has in there, wololo, me, and m0skit0... didn't help at all with this :p

In fact I have no clue what this is. He does come on IRC from time to time to get help from me and ask questions, but he never showed me this particular file..

btw: "I patched the memory, forcing the wlan light to stay on"

No offence, but this is total BS. I agree with Cloudy, it must be some WIFI bug.

Incase anyone still believes this, I'll just let you know that he thought overwriting $v0 with ms0:/h.bin would make the PSP open a binary file... so... I don't think he was able to exploit this, never mind inject code to flash the WIFI light xD

I hope he releases the file though. Could be interesting to know what it does.

n00b81

Robby

Los Doyers!
yeah thanks.

still i doubt it's going to come to anything even if it's real. there's no one one the "scene" with enough talent (only people that could are all retired) to make a 10%-stable HEN.
No their are still talented developers. Most of them are the not-so-popular-as-dax type.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
No their are still talented developers. Most of them are the not-so-popular-as-dax type.

Do you really think they can resolve over 900 NIDs and create a bootable exploit that triggers a stable HEN that is compatible with all old homebrew even considering 6.xx is totally different from 5.xx?

No one in the active can pull that off. Only the retired fellas.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Probably this is just my PSP doing this, but there seems to be something wrong in 6.20 where the WLAN LED stays lit and doesn't react to any network activity when online, but it reacts to activity normally in 6.10 and lower.

IDK... maybe this has something to do with it.

n00b81

I agree with both of you.

"Resolving over 900 nids" is hard work, but if you got a little practice, and you know what your doing, you could make it work ;) Also, a 5.50 HEN wouldn't be that hard to code.

I think its more the will stopping devs from making things like HENs and CFW, than their skills.

n00b81

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

btw: pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

erm...... yeah ...... lol >.>