• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

G1/Android Discussion Thread.

Joey

The G2 looks like ass...

I need a new phone, not because I dislike the Android, but the G1's battery is dong. If I take my phone directly off the charger, and bring it to work with me, put it on silent, when I pick it up 8 hours later at the end of my shift, it's at about 60%-70%. That's with out using it once.

Android is fucking rad, but the battery on the G1 is just attrocious. If only T-Mobile had a decent phone, or if unlocked phones weren't so goddamn expensive.

Seth

MD Party Room
The G2 looks like ass...

I need a new phone, not because I dislike the Android, but the G1's battery is dong. If I take my phone directly off the charger, and bring it to work with me, put it on silent, when I pick it up 8 hours later at the end of my shift, it's at about 60%-70%. That's with out using it once.

Android is fucking rad, but the battery on the G1 is just attrocious. If only T-Mobile had a decent phone, or if unlocked phones weren't so goddamn expensive.

Yea that what stooped me from getting the g1,when it first came out our store got a demo phone to use, we would have to leave it charged most of the time, since alot of people played with it we had to charge it after every use, I soon began to see how poor the battery life was after not even a week. It would die over night if we dident charge it. and I kinda like the look of the g2.

Joey

I just looked it up. It has no keyboard. No fucking sale.

I loved my iPhone, but not having a physical keyboard was maddening. I can't see myself going back to a soft keyboard again.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
The G2 is laughable. It's practically a downgrade from the G1.

Anyway, I love the Android OS, I just don't like the current phones that it has available. I'm looking forward to future Android phones, though.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
heres my mind set on this. i abolutly adore the G1. simply because it is open source. if i dont like somthing in the system. i change it. if it cant do somthing. i change it. it has a full keyboard plus a touch screen thats dual touch compatible(sure its not true 4D. its 2X2D but still, it works) and that combo makes for awesomeness. i have an 8GB micro SD in mine. and im running debian on it.

now for the HTC Magic (the G2), well....lets do a comparison...

[FIELDSET="HTC Dream (G1)"]
g1-460.jpg

• Processor: Qualcomm

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
I haaaaaaaaaate touch keyboards. So the G1 wins out there IMO.

exactly. i would rather have the screen for the screen.....and type on the keyboard. so i have more room to type. and with the cupcake update (android 1.5) coming soon (i believe its out in Germany. will be in America soon) it will include a soft-keyboard(on screen keyboard)for the people that would rather use the keyboard on screen then hardware.

news on the G2 from beta testers. the very small lip over the ear peace. over long usage becomes very irritating and causes a small sore.

IMHO. all the more reason not to upgrade.

SeanyP

i got a vodafone locked g2/magic, got it a few days ago, battery is appalling im charging twice a day at least! am i better off selling it on ebay and going for something else? if so any recommendations?!

xploren

Contributor
i got a vodafone locked g2/magic, got it a few days ago, battery is appalling im charging twice a day at least! am i better off selling it on ebay and going for something else? if so any recommendations?!

Definitely. I don't have recommendations for phones in the Europe, since I live in the US. But the G1/G2's are terrible and slow, IMO. I recommend you get either an iPhone and or a Palm Pre, if they're available in your area.

SeanyP

i want an iphone but it cost too much! and ive never even heard of palm pre!
i think i'll just put up with this phone, its not too bad, just an awful battery and the features dont have much depth to them, maybe with a software update it'll become slightly better!