• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Game choosing help... FFXIII or BFBC2

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Hi guys,

I have a PS3 and only have enough money for either FFXIII or BFBC2. I played the BC2 beta and found shooting nd aiming awkward and found that i died a lot when not with someone else. I have MW2 and found it quite good but BC2 is apparantly completely different. I thoroughly enjoyed FF7, FF8, Crisis Core, FF1, FF2 and have not played FFXIII yet but want to buy t to give squeenix a go as i'm too young to have played XIX-XII but I, II, VII and VIII are classics and found them enjoyable.

Out of BC2 and FFXIII, which do you think i should get for enjoyment, immersive storyline and character feelings, graphics, amout of playtime, replay value etc

Scorned

It seems like everything you're saying is pointing to FF13. Why exactly are you "too young" to have played FFXII...?

Especially since you won't be able to play online than you might as well go with 13, but seeing as no one has played it yet I don't think you can get viable feedback on whether it stands up to its recent hype.

shikamaru

I'm 14, the first online game i played was Cod4. Never owned a ps2... GBA was my life. Ps3 struck me as amazing when i got one and now i'm hooked.

I didn't play an RPG until i was 13. Through that year, i played through all the classics i could find but didn't play XII, XI, X or IX

Plus about 5 mins ago, i found out that we're back on unlimited internet so... yeah

Despite my age, i'm into more mature games that other people my age would say 'wtf' to like heavy rain, white knight chronicles. But i do have a weak spot for some COD.

I'm also in a middle class family so can't shell out for a shiny new PC and get upgrades to RAM, GPU, monitor, Graphics card etc so i'm not into PC gaming either. Either portable or PS3 is my style.

Just some more background info to help with my decision

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
For situation likes these it's good to know what kind of games you enjoy playing as well as what sites review games and score them similar to how you would. For myself I didn't enjoy the BC2 MP demo that much and that is where the majority of the game's focus is. Final Fantasy XIII is harder to judge since it isn't out yet. I would suggest checking out the reviews for FFXIII, especially from 1up (my favorite site for reviews as they generally go along with how I would rate a game): Final Fantasy XIII Review for the PS3,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com

Seeing how you already own MW2 I would suggest FFXIII, you should get over 20 hours of gameplay from it. The problem I have with Battlefield games are that their "fun" factor only seems to last for a little bit. Battlefield games are a departure from the normal close-quarter FPS games and introduce vehicles into the mix and require a great deal of teamwork to be successful. If you have a lot of friends playing BC2 it might be fun, but if not then I suggest FFXIII.

shikamaru

I heard even IGN couldn't even get through FXIII after a 30 hour thumb grinding session so its probably a 50+ hour game for me.

The beta for battle field struck me as more practical than mw2, but the demolition factor was somewhat unenjoyable for me and i didn't really notice it. As far as graphics go FFXIII is a clear winner from what i've seen. Battlefield was still fun and very enjoyable WHEN working as a team completely

I also just asked all my via Facebook if they are getting BC2 and aout 3 have it, 3 are getting it but about 10 are saving up for FFXIII or GoW.

I want FFXIII so i can see what Squeenix is all about with storyline and depth of charters and how RPG's are. I wanted to get Battlefield for its fun teamwork factor.

Then again, FFXIII will last and the experience will be the same whenever i play it but in BC2, I'll lose out in levelling up and when i eventuall get it, there will less people on, less servers and everyone will be on higher levels.

So the choice now is to get FFXIII and then wait out for GoW/Q2or3 games. Or to get BC2 now and pickup FFXIII later but i may be wasting money on BC2 as i have mw2 which i found still fun and Assassins creed 2 still in its plastic wrapping from when i got it last month which i really need to start playing. (could play it after FFXIII while waiting out for Q3 and Q4)

Thanks for suggesting 1up as it kind of matches my style too. I normally just check gamespot reviews and IGN

Can anyone else suggest any RPG's or classics that i should play eg chrono trigger (haven't played yet) or fire emblem

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I heard even IGN couldn't even get through FXIII after a 30 hour thumb grinding session so its probably a 50+ hour game for me.

The beta for battle field struck me as more practical than mw2, but the demolition factor was somewhat unenjoyable for me and i didn't really notice it. As far as graphics go FFXIII is a clear winner from what i've seen. Battlefield was still fun and very enjoyable WHEN working as a team completely

I also just asked all my via Facebook if they are getting BC2 and aout 3 have it, 3 are getting it but about 10 are saving up for FFXIII or GoW.

I want FFXIII so i can see what Squeenix is all about with storyline and depth of charters and how RPG's are. I wanted to get Battlefield for its fun teamwork factor.

Then again, FFXIII will last and the experience will be the same whenever i play it but in BC2, I'll lose out in levelling up and when i eventuall get it, there will less people on, less servers and everyone will be on higher levels.

So the choice now is to get FFXIII and then wait out for GoW/Q2or3 games. Or to get BC2 now and pickup FFXIII later but i may be wasting money on BC2 as i have mw2 which i found still fun and Assassins creed 2 still in its plastic wrapping from when i got it last month which i really need to start playing. (could play it after FFXIII while waiting out for Q3 and Q4)

Thanks for suggesting 1up as it kind of matches my style too. I normally just check gamespot reviews and IGN

Can anyone else suggest any RPG's or classics that i should play eg chrono trigger (haven't played yet) or fire emblem

Golden Sun is a classic (GBA), FFX (Final Fantasy 10 - one of my favorites),

ericdesouza

Get BFBC2 and borrow FF13? I think in the long run when no one plays BFBC2 anymore, you can pick up FF13, that game can be enjoyed anytime without needing friends or other online players.

Deathrow

If you are choosing between these two, I'd say FF XIII because of the storyline.

Personally, I would wait a week and get God of War III :)

shikamaru

Picked up FFXIII today. Didn't get BFBC2 and probably won't get it because if i get hooked on another multiplayer FPS, I won't have time to play AC2 which i payed good money for.

Thanks for your helpand suggestions guys

I think MW2 will continue supporting my online FPS needs for now as I'm not experienced or mature enough to understand why it's apparantly bad. It's just a fun and fast paced game for me .