• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Game] Guess the Song

Chathurga

The premise of this game is simple, I'm going to post 3 short sections of 3 songs and you have to guess what the songs are.
Some rules/notes:
  • Only post 1 song for every one you guess correct, this means that there should never be more than 3 songs for people to try and place.
  • Keep the samples under 30 seconds, any longer than that and you're on really shaky legal ground. Also post how long your sample is.
  • Try to keep lyrics out of your samples, makes it far too easy to guess.
  • When you post a song try to estimate how hard it would be to guess (easy, medium, hard, etc)
  • If your sample is very hard, include a small hint (year of release, country of origin, etc)
  • Try to keep your samples around 192 MP3 and remember to clean your ID3 tags of all data!

Easy (0:10): I'll be surprised if someone doesn't get this within the first 2 replies.
Solved: David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Medium (0:20): A bit harder but still very well known. Hint: Released in 1973
Solved: Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in The Sky
Hard (0:30): This one should be tough, only fans of the band will know it. Hint: "Crimson". First track on the album. I'll give more hints if no one can get it.
Solved: King Crimson - Elephant Talk

Samples

Oh and I used Goldwave to cut the songs and Foobar2000 to clean up the tags.

eighty4

Easy - Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Medium - The Great Gig in The Sky - Pink Floyd
Hard - Elephant Talk - King Crimson

Chathurga

Well done, fast too! I think the next time I'm going to leave out hints, the power of Google is too strong ;)
Post your 3 :O

Edit: Hiratai is passing it on, I'll edit one song into this post. The other two are up for grabs.

Medium (0:30): From one of the greatest bands ever, very distinctive sound.

Sample

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well done, fast too! I think the next time I'm going to leave out hints, the power of Google is too strong ;)
Post your 3 :O

Edit: Hiratai is passing it on, I'll edit one song into this post. The other two are up for grabs.

Medium (0:30): From one of the greatest bands ever, very distinctive sound.

Sample

Doors - Soul Kitchen

I can't do this game right now, so someone can play off what Birdman posted.

Chathurga

You're very, very close Abe. The songs have nearly the same piano melody at the start but it's not Soul Kitchen.

@birdman: I can't get it at all D:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You're very, very close Abe. The songs have nearly the same piano melody at the start but it's not Soul Kitchen.

@birdman: I can't get it at all D:

When the Music's Over?

I should be able to get this, a firnd I lived with in college was obsessed with the Doors. So much so that he moved to San Francisco and started a band.

Chathurga

Yup that's it, a Doors' song is so easy to spot.
There's still two songs slots open if anyone wants to post one up..

birdman:
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Formicary

I had snatched the album in FLAC earlier in the year but I deleted it :D

Chathurga

I have absolutely no clue what yours is birdman, maybe make your next one less obscure? xD

This one should be a little easier...

Easy (0:10): Very well known song, shouldn't be hard to get at all.

Listen