• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Games that should be remade in 1080p!

Noriyuke

Ultima Online? Kidding.

Uh, the only game i could remotely think to redo in high def would have to totally be, actually, iono.

Half life 1?
The original Resident Evil Story line? HDified.
I agree with MGS1
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask would be nice too.

As for anything else, iono.

birdman

doom :D

altho, part of the reason i love "retro" games is the simple pixel graphics. Unless the 1080p update was done right, i would rather have it not done at all.

earthbound is epic
check out mother and mother 3 (gba), mother is the japanese title of earthbound
earthbound = mother 2

_Syn

The whole Metal Gear Solid series (including the side ones).

I agree with the Resident Evil Original storyline HDfied, 'twas scary then, it'll be even scarier now.

Chathurga

Well if anyone played the remake of 1 and the original game Zero for the Gamecube you'll know how scary even that was.
I'm proud to say I couldn't complete either game because they made me shit bricks.

So ++ for that suggestion.

twelve

I'm not dead
Well if anyone played the remake of 1 and the original game Zero for the Gamecube you'll know how scary even that was.
I'm proud to say I couldn't complete either game because they made me shit bricks.

I forgot about the Gamecube remakes. They were great.

So was Twin Snakes.

Why did the Gamecube get all these PS1 remakes?

Colm

I want to see MGS1 re-remade, for PC.
And use the original voice files please. Twin Snakes voice acting wasn't that good...

Noriyuke

Well, thanks for the heads up on that! I will be waiting on that little peice of valve gold.

As for this, fuck that shit yo, shit more bricks and beat them bitches dawg, get some RE storyline and plot devices in your life. Like for real.

I forgot about the Gamecube remakes. They were great.

So was Twin Snakes.

Why did the Gamecube get all these PS1 remakes?

I'm not 100% sure, but i think its because PS1 was doing so well with the originals, nintendo threw a shit ton of money on them to make said sequels exclusive. But the shit ton of money being thrown at capcom and konami wasnt enough due to possibly low game sales. So they said, damn, never again nintendo. And nintendo was like:

:confused:

ok.

Maybe that's why RE4 went from GC to PS2 to PC.

CASHMON3Y

You want a 720p game to be remade in 1080p?

I would do too except it's Gran Turismo and I'd like to play it this century.
When I made this i didn't exactly mean that it had to be 1080p, just that the visuals should all be redone.