• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here's the clip from the show. It doesn't really show much, but some very good super fans noticed something that might be rolled out in the next title update; experience for Horde. Take a look at the 2'49" when it shows a new wave starting. The bottome right hand corner has a pop-up showing "Experience Gained" from the previous wave.

Gears of War 2: All Fronts Expansion Pack Preview Videos - G4tv.com

Edit - I found a post over on the Epic forums by joeGraf that confirms they will be adding XP to Horde.

Edit 2 - It also looks like they are considering removing the stun and rag doll result from smoke grenades. It may be replaced with the "cringe" effect often seen from friendly mortar fire. Or removed completely...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Ok, I might start playing this now.

That was the one thing I hated about Gears 2, and now that its gone, I might put some serious game time into it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've played non-stop for like the past two months and just recently stopped. I bought all of the new DLC for Fallout and went through two of them this weekend.

I'll be back on Gears shortly.

Edit Nvm. I had a problem with the game. its now fixed!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Don't notice anything major, besides earning EXP from horde.

But I can't wait til Dark Corners comes out.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Are you guys picking up the new map pack next Tuesday. Here's some footage and a review from IGN.

[ignvideo]object_ID=14347519&downloadURL=http://xboxlivemovies.ign.com/xboxlive/video/article/100/1006927/gears2_dlc_vdr_072309_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

Joey

Are you guys picking up the new map pack next Tuesday. Here's some footage and a review from IGN.

[ignvideo]object_ID=14347519&downloadURL=http://xboxlivemovies.ign.com/xboxlive/video/article/100/1006927/gears2_dlc_vdr_072309_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

I will, mostly for the new Campaign stuff.

Seth

MD Party Room
I not sure I understand gears online at all