• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 geohot - Possible Custom Themes And The Release Of ISOLoader

Dan

Contributor
Over on geohot's blogspot, he posted the editing of RCO files from the hard drive, by showing System Update. Is it just me, or does it kinda look 'shopped?

customtheme3.jpg

An hour ago, George also posted in reply to several questions asking for an ISO loader (there had to be some), to which he replied," The ISOLoader is coming out! Wait for the news..."

33vdf1l.png

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Someone might have gotten into his account. If not, I can't imagine it not being true, one way or another. He's been pretty straight thus far..

Dan

Contributor
I initially thought that too, then saw he posted it on twitter. It'd be hard to believe that both accounts got broken into.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I initially thought that too, then saw he posted it on twitter. It'd be hard to believe that both accounts got broken into.

Usually what happens (When the person is half-smart) is that when people use the same password for a bunch of stuff, they go into one of them (Usually a PHP-based thing) and set up a password logger that gets passwords. They then go into all of the other things that person is known for and gets all they can.

I went under the radar the other day and joined a site that had hacked my site, and got VIP (A member of mine offered me access to their account, to leak all of their VIP's. If you participate in identity theft and defacing innocent sites, idgaf, I'm going to steal your premiums), and went through a bunch of stuff. What they do is exactly that. They go in, they root themselves in via webshell and backdoors and stuff, and they get all the passwords possible.

Dan

Contributor
It looks like we're going to have to wait it out and see what happens here on in.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Usually what happens (When the person is half-smart) is that when people use the same password for a bunch of stuff, they go into one of them (Usually a PHP-based thing) and set up a password logger that gets passwords. They then go into all of the other things that person is known for and gets all they can.

I went under the radar the other day and joined a site that had hacked my site, and got VIP (A member of mine offered me access to their account, to leak all of their VIP's. If you participate in identity theft and defacing innocent sites, idgaf, I'm going to steal your premiums), and went through a bunch of stuff. What they do is exactly that. They go in, they root themselves in via webshell and backdoors and stuff, and they get all the passwords possible.

Possibly the greatest off-topic post ever.
+rep

As for the ISO loader, I would be disappointed to see something like that released but the size of Bluray rips would put people off I guess as well.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
If this is true he is the biggest hypocrite+douche EVER.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
It's a fake comment. AFAIK, George's official comments have a star beside them, showing that he's an admin. As for the picture, it's not shopped, and where do you see on his twitter that he confirmed an isoloader?

EDIT: Also, I believe the "custom theme" part to it was more to prove he had r/w access to those files. I could be wrong though.

Dan

Contributor
Clicking that userlink takes you straight to geohot's page. There's also a comment with the name of George with a star next to it like you said:

"When I posted this, I didn't know the PS3 had real custom themes(what I get for not actually being a user). This is how custom themes worked on the PSP pre firmware 3.70

And to people who think the picture is fake, what do you think about the moon landing?"

I'm kinda thrown off now.

Larchymose said:
EDIT: Also, I believe the "custom theme" part to it was more to prove he had r/w access to those files. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, probably.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Possibly the greatest off-topic post ever.
+rep

As for the ISO loader, I would be disappointed to see something like that released but the size of Bluray rips would put people off I guess as well.

I was explaining Dan.'s "It'd be hard to believe that both accounts got broken into." thing.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Clicking that userlink takes you straight to geohot's page.

You can put a website in the comment page. If it is legit, his blog link should be blacklisted from that box, which it should of been in the first place (if the comment is a fake). This is confusing, haha.

I have no doubt in my mind that he will make an isoloader. He probably just won't release it :p Maybe if someone offers him 3 ps3's and a car.

El Diablo

I just want it to be officially "hacked" and able to play homebrew on it and make real custom themes (maybe even dynamic themes?), screw these iso loaders. Even if one came out it seems like it would be a lot of trouble to go through to be able to play a downloaded game. That being said if he releases one he releases one, I won't complain but I want the other shit first :p.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Was refering to your second paragraph, didn't mean to cause offence.

None taken, the second was to clarify why I knew that, because of the "it takes one to know one" rule.

But yeah, I really don't think it was GeoHot (If it was, then maybe, but yeah, the photo looks shooped).

Moose

Meta Moose
It looks as if the "hello geohot!" text isn't inline with the menu below, but that's just from quickly looking at the image, I haven't checked it using PS myself. Perhaps it's because the menu has the wave behind it it's throwing my perspective out?

It doesn't sound like geohot to start promising goods beforehand, he usually just releases things unexpectedly.

EDIT: Also, back to the custom RCO photo, the whole 'awkward angle' of the photo makes me think that someone is trying too hard to convince us. If you were going to show off a new hack to impress the community, then wouldn't you at least take some decent photos?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
It looks as if the "hello geohot!" text isn't inline with the menu below, but that's just from quickly looking at the image, I haven't checked it using PS myself. Perhaps it's because the menu has the wave behind it it's throwing my perspective out?

It doesn't sound like geohot to start promising goods beforehand, he usually just releases things unexpectedly.

EDIT: Also, back to the custom RCO photo, the whole 'awkward angle' of the photo makes me think that someone is trying too hard to convince us. If you were going to show off a new hack to impress the community, then wouldn't you at least take some decent photos?

Taking GIMP to it, and drawing a line as close to the thing as possible under it, using a measuring thing, the angles appear to be exactly the same. Also, when under a higher resolution they have the same pattern of blur spots.

I took a screenshot of a higher resolution thing and with black bars under each thing for comparison.

14c4bnn.jpg

I retract my previous statement. But it is what it is. I'm not an expert. Someone else who is might think elsewise.

El Diablo

I personally don't think it's a fake. I doubt someone who actually has a name for himself would try and make a fake of it. Of course, if anyone here has any idea how the exploit works and knows how to use it then I say follow his instructions and see if you can actually change the title like he did. Then we'll know for sure :).

Moose

Meta Moose
Taking GIMP to it, and drawing a line as close to the thing as possible under it, using a measuring thing, the angles appear to be exactly the same. Also, when under a higher resolution they have the same pattern of blur spots.

I took a screenshot of a higher resolution thing and with black bars under each thing for comparison.

[qimg]http://i41.tinypic.com/14c4bnn.jpg[/qimg]

I retract my previous statement. But it is what it is. I'm not an expert. Someone else who is might think elsewise.

Yeah, that looks pretty legit to me now too.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Looks legit to me.

Geohot knows his stuff. So he wouldn't be bluffing or faking it if he goes to more technical knowledge as to how he got it. After all, he did hack the PS3 in the first place.