• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Geohot releases PS3 jailbreak for firmware 3.55,

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So I believe I have just signed an emulator... Where do I put it on the USB stick so it appears on the install thingy?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just USB0/GAME?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So I believe I have just signed an emulator... Where do I put it on the USB stick so it appears on the install thingy?

Should be able to pick up any PKGs placed in the root directory.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just to check, does anyone know how to sign a old homebrew pkg?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
u need the homebrew's elf, i'm not sure how to extract it from the eboot.bin of the old homebrew

edit: figured it out, i'll use PS3Tetris as an example:

extract the pkg file
use unself on the EBOOT.BIN in the pkg to get the elf
use make_self_npdrm on the elf and name it EBOOT.BIN(important), and a title, like so:
Code:
make_self_npdrm PS3Tetris.ELF EBOOT.BIN PS3Tetris
replace the old eboot with the new one
re-pkg everything
use package_finalize to on the pkg file
install

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
u need the homebrew's elf, i'm not sure how to extract it from the eboot.bin of the old homebrew

edit: figured it out, i'll use PS3Tetris as an example:

extract the pkg file
use unself on the EBOOT.BIN in the pkg to get the elf
use make_self_npdrm on the elf and name it EBOOT.BIN(important), and a title, like so:
Code:
make_self_npdrm PS3Tetris.ELF EBOOT.BIN PS3Tetris
replace the old eboot with the new one
re-pkg everything
use package_finalize to on the pkg file
install

Forget that, I got the eboot.bin changed. Now How do I put it back in the pkg? The tool I used only lets me extract stuff

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
key suffix would be app315 i think, but not certain

I use:

makepkg [app315] [1.0] mednafen.pkg mednafen

But it still errors out =\

I suppose it should create a pkg named mednafen from the files on the folder mednafen. But it's not working.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, well, i don't make pkg's that way, the python script included with psl1ght is here:

http://pastebin.com/u0bJ8U7c

and here's an example of use:
Code:
pkg.py --contentid UP0001-TEST00003_00-0000000000000000 build/pkg/ PS3Tetris.pkg

@zero, technically yes, but their's no way to install them without the modified firmware

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
hmm, well, i don't make pkg's that way, the python script included with psl1ght is here:

http://pastebin.com/u0bJ8U7c

and here's an example of use:
Code:
pkg.py --contentid UP0001-TEST00003_00-0000000000000000 build/pkg/ PS3Tetris.pkg

@zero, technically yes, but their's no way to install them without the modified firmware

That's awfully complicated D:

Richlando

Ok so LOL on the agreement during the update but didnt care for the system chirping like a bird and shutting down without my selecting for it to after updating. Update went fine except for some icons missing after for a few games. No true big deal there I guess..oh and if you have PS3Testris signed and ready..Um..link?

Currently playing Chrono Trigger snes9x355 :) testing out genesisplus and fce as well. Idc about backups but love me some emu..

Riorio99

I'm fantastically tempted to try this out, but I'll wait until someone reports PSN bans or bricks first. If all goes well in a few weeks, I'll be running SNES roms. Awwwww yeah.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'll be connecting to PSN this Friday, so keep your eyes peeled I will tell you if I get banned or something like that.

Using this for Genesis/Snes9x/Mednafen and loving it.