• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Getting cheats to work on gpSP

badnat

Gameshark codes don't seem to work... I'm running the latest gpSP mod (the one with HEN support, whatever the hell that means...)

I've made a couple .cht files all formatted correctly as far as I can tell...
Final Fantasy 6 Advance.cht:

Gameshark_v3 MustBeOn
910AD6 6CB9B3
BCF3FB 7A9475
138C14 21E7A2

Gameshark_v3 NoRandBattles
28ECE6 25E6CD

Gameshark_v3 100000Exp
C6ED87 3217FD
38C7E7 668753
C6ED87 3217FD
64EC0E B5A48E
06875D 32C7F7
C6ED87 3217FD
6C2C2C 1676DD
06875D 32C7F7

etc...

None of the codes work; I've tried codes with Harvest Moon as well. I just want to play through the story of FFVI, the random battles bore the hell out of me...

Adiuvo

Cheat support on gpSP is really poor. Not much you can do about it.

Is video boy actually on the PSP?

Do you mean Visual Boy Advance? The popular PC GBA emulator? Then yes, it was ported, but it wasn't done well, and doesen't take advantage of the ME\GPU + GBA BIOS and thus suffers in the speed department. It was also made early in the PSP scene, and compiled only for 1.50.

You may also want to check out the gpSP 'Kai' modifications, they boast better speeds and better cheat support and takes off where gpSP 0.9 finished. It has some cool stuff, like TV OUT, and 3.xx/4.xx/5.xx support

Cryox

Bro.
I have used cheat with GpSP before, i know they work, but forgot what cheat device to get them from. I know a site where you kind find plenty, but it also has other stuff on there that i know we can't link to.

PM if you want it so I don't advertise anything by accident.

badnat

It's hard to find information on specific homebrews... no one ever talks about the majority of them, just blog-ish type posts with very little user feedback... even the popular ones like gpSP.

Scotty

Gpsp Cheat system in my eyes is very poor. It all depends on the game and the cheat whether it works or not.

-Scotty

Hellcat

Contributor
/me recommends GBAATM :D (GBA Auto-Trainer-Maker)

Sweet tool, patches a complete, full featured trainer-menu before the actual game start - into the ROM file!
All you have to feed it is the source .GBA file, a textfile (like .cht) with the cheats and off you go.

As the codes are now in the ROM, as a trainer, you no longer have to worry about your emu or other device being able to use those codes :)

WildArmsV

Then tell me how to get hold of monsters you can not get w/o trading, great master, I am in desperate need to know (soon, or later, but I will).

Lol, that's easy, u get those with the power of friendship that grows between u and ur pokemons!
Actually thats truth xD but i've never though of getting all the darn 5xx pokemons, too much for my pokehealth xD