• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Getting to know your PSP Motherboards.

J

jx233

alex_e said:
jx233 said:
Motherboard: TA-090 V2
Information: This is the motherboard found in retail/store bought PSP-3000 units. It patched the hardware exploit which the Pandora's Battery method used. This motherboard has a new layout just like the TA-088 V3 motherboard found in the PSP-2000. The new layout was s0nY's anticipatory move against people who hard-mod their PSPs. This motherboard also has a new IC (Internal Control) microchip which no longer allows a soft-modded and hard-modded Pandora Battery to autostart service mode on the PSP. This motherboard treats a Pandora Battery as either a regular or unknown battery. Considering that this motherboard blocks a Pandora Battery from starting the PSP, and it blocking the loading of the MagicStick IPL (Initial Program Loader); this is currently most secure motherboard known. And concering its firmware version, it shipped with Version 4.20 or Version 4.21 depending on the region and date created.
Runs Custom Firmware? No, it is secure and blocks the Pandora's Battery method; which is the only way to get custom firmware installed on the PSP-3000 units. Even if custom firmware is installed, it will brick the PSP with this motherboard, because the Custom IPL (Initial Program Loader) used in custom firmware is not compatible with its CPU (Central Processing Unit). Further study must be done on this motherboard before custom firmware can be installed on it.
Makes a Pandora Battery? No.
What lowest Version can it run? Version 4.20.

Wait i dont understand, if cfw can be installed on these, but ends up on a brick because the custom ipl isnt compatible on the cpu, how does it load from it of the ms when booting dc?

my knowledge on the h/w side of the psp is 0%
i've been meaning to learn
lol

Even if custom firmware is installed, it will brick the PSP with this motherboard, because the Custom IPL (Initial Program Loader) used in custom firmware is not compatible with its CPU (Central Processing Unit).

You may have misread the post, custom firmware cannot be installed on the PSP-3000. I said "Even if", and that does not mean it can be installed; I meant that if someone manages to find another way to install custom firmware (like thorugh an HEN), it will still brick.

Despertar del Cementerio does not even start on the PSP-3000. The PSP-3000 treats the Pandora battery as an unknown or regular battery, so there is no way Despertar del Cementerio can even start; and because of that, there is no way for the MS-IPL to load.

Plus, s0nY patched the Pre-IPL exploit (that allowed custom IPL), which the other models suffered from; so now only IPL signed + created by s0nY can load from MemoryStick or NAND.

EDIT: I corrected the guide, so people don't get confused.

Alex

You may have misread the post, custom firmware cannot be installed on the PSP-3000. I said "Even if", and that does not mean it can be installed; I meant that if someone manages to find another way to install custom firmware (like thorugh an HEN), it will still brick.

Despertar del Cementerio does not even start on the PSP-3000. The PSP-3000 treats the Pandora battery as an unknown or regular battery, so there is no way Despertar del Cementerio can even start; and because of that, there is no way for the MS-IPL to load.

Plus, s0nY patched the Pre-IPL exploit (that allowed custom IPL), which the other models suffered from; so now only IPL signed + created by s0nY can load from MemoryStick or NAND.

EDIT: I corrected the guide, so people don't get confused.

ooo right. i semi get you. what exactly is the pre ipl.

if im correct the ipl loads the fw?

J

jx233

alex_e said:
ooo right. i semi get you. what exactly is the pre ipl.

if im correct the ipl loads the fw?

The Pre-IPL is in the CPU/hardware, it starts/loads the IPL for the firmware.

Yes, you are correct, the IPL loads the firmware.

Alex

The Pre-IPL is in the CPU/hardware, it starts/loads the IPL for the firmware.

Yes, you are correct, the IPL loads the firmware.

o right i understand now, so basically sony has prevented non sony signed ipls from loading because the pre ipl blocks it. lol
simple really.
thank you for helping me out there

J

jx233

alex_e said:
o right i understand now, so basically sony has prevented non sony signed ipls from loading because the pre ipl blocks it. lol
simple really.

No problem. :D I was glad to clarify things for you.

solarnoise

simple really.

So now devs will have to resort to digital forgery in order to get custom IPL's working?

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
That will really depend on how they get around to dumping the pre-ipl and then replicating it. All these 'unknown' questions can only be answered once the hack is actually released.

donsammy

i have a GOW, edition, based on this threat it mention, that it would load cfw with pandora batt. as soon as i put the pandora, it doesnt eve start.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i have a GOW, edition, based on this threat it mention, that it would load cfw with pandora batt. as soon as i put the pandora, it doesnt eve start.

Are you certain the motherboard is not a TA-088 v3?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i did,

"God-of War" Red PSP Slim and Lite (Motherboards: TA-085 V2, TA-088 V1, TA-088 V2)

it says they could run CFW with pandora,
but this one wont even turn on with pandora.

Don't know what to tell you. Does the power light turn on at all?

donsammy

ok, i finally got it going.

whan i check the GOD hardware info, this is what i get:

model : 02g (slim)
motherboard TA-88
tachyon 0x00500000
baryon 0x00243000
pommel 0x00000123
nand size 64 mb

how could i tell, witch version of this mother board it is???
v1-v2 or v3??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

motherboard TA-88
tachyon 0x00500000
baryon 0x00243000
pommel 0x00000123
nand size 64 mb

v1-v2 or v3??

It's a version 1.

january39

eXo Staff

angelsniper45

motherboard TA-88
tachyon 0x00500000
baryon 0x00243000
pommel 0x00000123
nand size 64 mb

v1-v2 or v3??

motherboard TA-88
also, whichever program you are using will display the v1, v2 etc etc.

angelsniper45

i am running DC8.
i have no version on the hardaware info. just what i wrote down

DC8? go to system information. its all in there