• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ghostbusters The Video Game

Seth

MD Party Room
Published by: Atari
Developed by: Terminal Reality
Release Date: June 2009
Genre: Action
The real Ghostbusters return in this videogame sequel to the Ghostbusters movies. Stars Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Bill Murray reprise their roles as the proton-pack-wielding heroes.

Also Available On: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PC, Wii, Nintendo DS,Xbox 360..Aka everything.

I this might be one of those games that be be fucking great or just plane old suck... June is a long wait for this game.

[YT]bFD8rh2YDyA[/YT]

[ignvideo]object_ID=14218846&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/935/935312/GB_trailer_120308_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

twelve

I'm not dead
Can't wait for this game. I was gutted when Activision-Blizzard dropped it after their merger.

Might be something that Atari have done right for a change. All they need to do now is pick up Brutal Legend too.

Seth

MD Party Room
I not to sure about these dev...They have really made anything good..They did have Metal Slug Anthology and maybe BloodRayne...But the rest of there games seem like huge crap...

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Can't wait for this game. I was gutted when Activision-Blizzard dropped it after their merger.

Might be something that Atari have done right for a change. All they need to do now is pick up Brutal Legend too.
This game does look like a lot of fun. I was disappointed when it had been canned but still on the fence; I'll see come June 09 but right now I don't expect it to be a day one purchase.

twelve

I'm not dead
This game does look like a lot of fun. I was disappointed when it had been canned but still on the fence; I'll see come June 09 but right now I don't expect it to be a day one purchase.
June is usually extremely dead for game releases so it'll be nice to have something coming out in the summer for a change.

Initial hands on from various places have sounded very promising. So unless something goes very wrong this'll be a definite purchase for me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I’m really effing pumped for this game. I must have watched the original Ghostbusters movie with my sister close to 50 times when we were kids and growing up. (Anyone remember the days of recording movies from TV onto VHS tapes?) I have a strong feeling that since they have the original cast fully on board for acting and writing roles, this is going to be a purchase for me on day one. Plus it’s going to be the only Ghostbusters game where it looks actually fun and semi-realistic to wield the movie’s proton pack. Add some co-op into the mix and the game being a continuation of the first two movies, and that sounds like a formula for success for fans like myself.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Apparently Sony has swooped in and purchased the publishing rights to this game in the PAL territories and this is now a timed exclusive in that region for the PS3/PS2.

eldiablov

Contributor
Hmm, Sony are on the ball. I dont really know what to think about this game. I could never have imagined enjoying a ghostbusters game.

Colm

Apparently Sony has swooped in and purchased the publishing rights to this game in the PAL territories and this is now a timed exclusive in that region for the PS3/PS2.

I think this has to be one of the first exclusive purchases for Sony. Expect this to become a trend.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think this has to be one of the first exclusive purchases for Sony. Expect this to become a trend.

I think the fact that Sony Pictures is involved with this would be more of an indicator as to how this move was pulled off. I wouldn't call it a trend unless more movies made into games that fall under the Sony Pictures umbrella fall to this.

Riorio99

Nice coup for Sony Europe. I know a lot of people who are looking forward to this, including me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I can't stop thinking about this move for some reason. I know why they did it, but I feel that the financial issues that Atari are having led to them selling out in this manner. They basically porked every Xbox 360 owner in the PAL territories that planned on picking this up.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian

Sony publishing Ghostbusters in Europe, PSP version resurrected

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that it will be publishing Ghostbusters in Europe this June, meaning that the game is now a PS3 and PS2 exclusive in the region. Not only that, but the rumored and debunked PSP version has also been confirmed for release later this autumn. The PS3 and PS2 versions are currently set for a June 19 debut.

Eurogamer has confirmed with Atari that the deal is for timed exclusivity on Sony platforms, with all other versions being released "later in the year." It's certainly a strange move on Atari's part, especially when limiting their potential consumer base is being called "maximizing the launch of the Ghostbusters videogame across Europe" by Atari's VP of Worldwide Marketing. Pushing non-Sony versions further towards or, even worse, into Q4 won't do the 360, Wii and DS versions any favors.

Atari US has clarified its publishing plans for the North American region. The 360, PS3, Wii and DS versions will all be released in the US on June 16, as previously announced. The PSP version will be released worldwide in Autumn.

Source: Joystiq

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I know Teej, it's been news since I woke up this morning, I just didn't feel like sourcing it in a thread, etc.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I know Teej, it's been news since I woke up this morning, I just didn't feel like sourcing it in a thread, etc.

I know it has (I read it before I left the house at 10am), I just felt like sourcing it with a bit more information regarding release dates and the such. I quoted your post to make it obvious I wasn't posting news without reading the rest of the topic first.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I tried it out, its decently fun. It feels like you are in a new Ghostbusters movie. The humor is there, the cast is there, slimer is there.

Things that I don't like is the lack of lock-on target. I'm so used to that feature from other games that it becomes difficult to constantly aim in this game. You basically have to keep the stream aimed at the enemy for 30 seconds before you can actually push it in the ghost trap. Also, no jump. He can leap a very short distance, but when trying to get over fallen debris it becomes difficult when you can hardly jump.

If you are a fan of the Ghostbusters movies, than you should have a great time renting this game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played for a few hours tonight and am having a good time with it. So far it's playing out like the third movie like you said.

Memorizing the best way to take down certain ghosts is a little annoying though.