• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Golden Eye Source Beta 3!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I changed the server config so that modern / classic maps are separate now.

Joey

The Orange Box came out disc and didn't require making a Steam account to play.

Anyway tho, I'm glad it doesn't specifically require having HL2. I just need to find the time to download and install it.

Yes it did, all Valve games require a Steam Account. Even if you buy it Retail, you have to register through Steam to play any of the games.

twelve

I'm not dead
Yes it did, all Valve games require a Steam Account. Even if you buy it Retail, you have to register through Steam to play any of the games.
So if you don't have the internet you can't play the game you've just bought? That's rediculous but after Google search I stand corrected.

Although you can use SteamEmu to get around needing to create a Steam account/register.

Serideth

So if you don't have the internet you can't play the game you've just bought? That's rediculous but after Google search I stand corrected.

Although you can use SteamEmu to get around needing to create a Steam account/register.

Yeah back in the day before I had broadband I got Half Life 2 for Christmas on disk and couldn't play it because 56k was too slow to download the stuff I "needed".

Joey

Yeah, pretty much. Although, once you get the game activated, you can send Steam into offline mode, and play with out a connection.

Additional Comment:
My goddamn Steam Account got hijacked >_>

EvilSeph

Administrator
I was playing this earlier today. Everyone is right, land mines suck.

The game still has hit registry issues, the radar is basically a legal wallhack and the golden guns are too damn powerful.

Other than that, it's a fun game.

Yeah, pretty much. Although, once you get the game activated, you can send Steam into offline mode, and play with out a connection.

Additional Comment:
My goddamn Steam Account got hijacked >_>

Steam offline mode has never worked for me. I was really pissed off when my internet connection died for a week or two and I couldn't play the games on Steam.

Sorry to hear about your Steam Account. :\

EvilSeph

Administrator
I know, but they're also supposed to be rare... There were two in each game we played weren't there? :\

Joey

I was playing this earlier today. Everyone is right, land mines suck.

The game still has hit registry issues, the radar is basically a legal wallhack and the golden guns are too damn powerful.

Other than that, it's a fun game.

Steam offline mode has never worked for me. I was really pissed off when my internet connection died for a week or two and I couldn't play the games on Steam.

Sorry to hear about your Steam Account. :\
Well, the problem with offline mode, is you have to activate it before you lose your connection. Yeah, it kind of defeats the purpose in a lot of sitations.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Well, the problem with offline mode, is you have to activate it before you lose your connection. Yeah, it kind of defeats the purpose in a lot of sitations.

Trust me, I have. It seems to like to stop working when I actually need it.

ilyace

Golden Guns are supposed to be powerful. My only problem was that it was way too easy to find them and also to find ammo. I mean, I had 60 bullets in mine at one point, they should only have 2-5 max.

Lol I can never find the golden guns.

Slasher

Suck It
Maybe it was just the server I was briefly playing on, but I find that it's way to easy to kill people. I was killing people in like 1-2 shots with the gun you start out with.

EvilSeph

Administrator
You mean your kung-fu chop? Mind you, I've only played on x3's servers... but the only gun I start off with is a hand :D