• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Google Voice

Roe

Just got an invite. Too bad "Google Voice is not available in your country." :argh:

Joey

I don't know if Google Voice invites are still scarce, but I have 3 if anybody wants one.

Seth

MD Party Room
So after a few months of using google voice I can safely say I love it, it adds a whole new world of convinces. Text come in faster on my google voice place then they do on my phone. As good as I am with tough screens and my Epic keyboarded, I seem to use my computer for most of my replys for texts. The google Voice chrome extension is the real key to all this, it makes a loud Ping sound that I can hear over my music that I would have never otherwise heard from my phone, and since im always on chrome I reply to a text right away. Also in place there no 3g but there wifi I just turn on the wifi and text while most of my cant text at all.There are a few nitpicks tho, there not group messaging still! Also it doesnt merger all your chats from one person it just makes a whole new thread, making it a little diffident to to find past convo for the person your currently talking to. Also sending a text is kinda slow it takes a whole 4 secs to send a short text from the google voice app and that can be cumbersome. Also voicemail does stag a bit on your phone and you cant have a really long greatting.

So anyone still useing this great google service.

Adiuvo

I use it exclusively for my texting and my calls. I only pay for a data plan which saves me the $25 unlimited texting would normally charge. It's great.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont think I understand, how can you have a smartphone but not have your data bundled with phone and text. All the company here make you get a voice and text plan when you get a smart phone. Sprint,Tmoble, Verizon and ATT

Adiuvo

I have an old contract so I imagine that's why it was an option. I only pay for data right now and got it awhile back so it's still unlimited.

El Diablo

What exactly is google voice? Is it like a skype type number you can link to your phone number or something and instead use that + data for all of your phone calls and texts and apparently use it on your PC too? Is there any way I could get an invite to try it out?