• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Google Wave

Seth

MD Party Room
I really excited about the new google Wave. I cant wait for this to come out,it so sweet. I think everyone will enjoy the way better auto spell check and drag and drop photos. This is thing will improve my life so much!...

The keynote is a bit long but it worth a watch.

Google Wave Preview

Cryox

Bro.
I am only 11 minutes through the video, and from what I have seen, it is really cool. Can't wait for this to be released.

TeamOverload

Was gonna make a new topic but I figured I would just bump this one up. So anyone get accepted into the preview? I'm curious how it is, but I haven't received an invite yet.

Noriyuke

wow google is definitely landing some serious blows to technology. if this goes mainstream for cellphones and other things this could be huge.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
anyone have it? a mfm wave would be cool

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I have one. just wanting to see who here has one.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I only have the developer sandbox wave. Supposedly its not compatible with a regular wave but I haven't tested it with anyone yet.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm up for a Google Wave invite aswell

Chathurga

I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't get Wave, I'm looking at eighty4 here.
It's new so it's going to take a little time before the lay man can use it daily but it's still an amzing collab tool, extremely rich instant chat when people are online, forums when they're off with a timeline to track the train of thought.
I can't see what's bad about it.

eighty4

I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't get Wave, I'm looking at eighty4 here.
It's new so it's going to take a little time before the lay man can use it daily but it's still an amzing collab tool, extremely rich instant chat when people are online, forums when they're off with a timeline to track the train of thought.
I can't see what's bad about it.

How many times is this forums offline?

Chathurga

How many times do you collaborate?
Besides the forum being online isn't the point, think of how detached the forums and IRC are. They both have huge benifits and Google Wave combines them into one services with tons of additions.
I really think the thing is, you aren't the target audience for now. Maybe wait until it's more mainstream.

eighty4

Most of the people who "should" be using Wave, are developers or people who need to be in contact all the time. IM is used for that, and you can share ideas on a forum if that's where the idea originated from. All in all, Wave isn't needed for MFM if nothing will be said other than the usual in IRC.