• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

GPSP Problem

anadriall

I have been trying to play Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories on GPSP but whenever I try to start the game, it locks up at the into movie. At first it's fine but then the color gets screwed up when Pluto shows up with the letter. When Sora goes chasing Pluto the game locks up. Any idea why this is?

pspknightx

which version of gpsp are you using now ?
For me i using gpsp kai 3.2 test 8.7 but i never try KH before, maybe you should download the latest version.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yea,best advice is to use the latest gpSP release as i know that it works with KH,i've played through it personally. if that doesnt help then i say that the ROM is messed up and would advise you to try backing up your cartridge again.

anadriall

What is the latest version and where can I find it?

Is the latest one 0.9? That's the only one I can find from Exophase..........

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
But the Takka one is better then?

I don't really notice a difference with the one from Takaa, aside from the fact it has ad-hoc support.

pspknightx

The latest version also support TV output.

anadriall

Well I got the Takka one, and it still locks up at the intro movie... Is there a way to maybe skip it or something?

First cartradge I backed was mine, second was my friends, both are doing it. So I doubt it is really a "rom" problem...... To I am TA-082 I think it's called, that's my MB.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well I got the Takka one, and it still locks up at the intro movie... Is there a way to maybe skip it or something?

First cartradge I backed was mine, second was my friends, both are doing it. So I doubt it is really a "rom" problem...... To I am TA-082 I think it's called, that's my MB.

Is your ROM zipped? I read that Kingdom Hearts must be in zip format due to its size.

anadriall

No, ZIP didn't work... Just shows a black screen. Like, I try to load it and it says loading zip rom and then just crashes back to the XMB area.

Can't find any fixes or sollutions anywhere....

pspknightx

Try this gpsp which run KH on mine TA-82 mb PSP1002 smoothly without any problem.
By the way, i using 3.80m33-5.
The emulator is used since 3.52m33-4 of my PSP :p

anadriall

I.... Have found it!!!! The Miracle Cure!!!!

When it starts to freeze (The sound'll go all screwy) make a save state, then load the save state, and it finishes the intro movie, thus allowing one to play the game!!!!

Richlando

Any hope that exophase will make gpsp final? Although I can't lie, I'm using takka's Test 32 myself along with gpsp...

flamefist

there is a secret when you want kh:CoM to work. first start the rom up when it gets to the part where it freezes up (when sora is about to chase after pluto) make a savestate. then load up the savestate and the video will continue allowing you to start the game once the video is complete. hope this help you guys out

fswolf

Hi im having issues this emulator, it loads no problem on my custom firmware, psp slim

but after i load a rom and try to play i cant use the controls. The joy stick and keypad will only move down. The left right and up will not work?

Could it be the BIOS File ?? Cuz the emulator it self seems to work great aside from that one issue of no control in game.

Please does any one know why this is happening if you do can you write me back at ryan_autet@hotmail.com