• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing CFW via ChickHen on 1k, 2k, and 3k (all motherboards)

elite

Oldie moldie
How-To Install CFW on PSP-1000,2000,3000 (Un/Hackable Mother Boards)

What do you need:

1 - PSP-1000, 2000, or 3000 (hackable motherboard or non-hackable motherboards).

2 - ChickHen R2.

3 - 5.03 firmware.

4 - 5.03GEN-A or CFE 3.70 (latest) or 5.03 GEN-B or 5.50 GEN-C (latest).

Upgrading to 5.03 OFW

[FIELDSET="Note"]If you have 5.03 firmware installed, then skip this section.[/FIELDSET]

1 - Download 5.03 OFW.

2 - Create a folder called UPDATE in PSP/GAME on your memory stick.

3 - Extract the archive, and Place the EBOOT.PBP in the UPDATE folder.

4 - Run the 5.03 Firmware update from the game menu in XMB.

5 - When the updater finishes, you will have 5.03 installed. The firmware required to run ChickHEN.

Booting to ChickHen R2

[fieldset="For PSP 2k,3k"]If you want to boot ChickHEN R2 on these kind of PSPs (2k,3k). I recommend you use this modded version of ChickHen. It is guaranteed to work in the first try.
P.S : The same steps apply with this one too.[/fieldset]

*If you have a Japanese PSP, then I recommend you change the Character Set in System Configuration to US if you don't have it set to there yet.

1 - Download ChickHEN R2. Open the ChickHEN R2 archive. For slim users(psp-2000,3000): place the folder inside Slim with gif images into your PSP memory stick PICTURE folder (ms0:/PICTURE) (later it will be PICTURE/ChickHEN), for fat users(psp-1000): place the folder inside FAT with gif images into your PSP memory stick location PICTURE folder.

2 - Now place the h.bin into the root of your memory stick pro duo. Where the folders PSP, MUSIC etc are located.

3 - Go back into settings in your psp and turn off UMD Auto-Start and UMD Cache.

4 - Place the memory stick into the PSP, and navigate to your photos folder, and enter the ChickHen folder. Wait, you will see five egg giff images, these will start to load thumbnails. Your PSP may freeze and reset. Just keep retrying and ChickHEN R2 will load up

Noriyuke

Question, what is the practicality of reverting back to CFE 3.70 when you install 5.03 Gen A/B/ or C? does 3.70 have more functionality?

elite

Oldie moldie
They both are pretty much the same. However, AFAIK, MHU(3.70) files were taken from GEN-C. That produced drama back then.

elite

Oldie moldie
The difference is that custom firmware enablers are temporary, while CFWs are constant. Also, for you to run like CTFs, you need special plugin for 5.03 GEN-C. And some other minor differences.

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.

elite

Oldie moldie
If you hold the L trigger, it won't recopy all of the CFW files. It will just reactivate it.

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Oh I see now...

There's also this "uninstall" option. Is it different from just turning off my PSP completely where it reverts to OFW 5.03?

elite

Oldie moldie
Uninstall would actually uninstall the CFW files present.

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Sorry for the n00b question, but for CFW files, meaning the EBOOT.PBP?

eclair89

Hi there. I have a psp 3k with 5.03 m33 and also a cfwenabler 3.10 which was installed by the seller when i bought the psp.The problem im having right now is that I havent touch the psp for quite sometime and so quite lost in these recent updates. So im asking what updates should i install in order to make sure that im able to play recent games as im quite confused with the 5.00 m33-6, gen A/B/C. Btw before this im havinng no problem to play any games that i downloaded and i also used before the game decrypter. Thanks in advance to those who can guide me.

elite

Oldie moldie
You should first uninstall CFE, then install GEN-C. After the installation of GEN-C, you can apply the Prometheus patch which enables you to play the latest games without manual patching.

eclair89

Thank you for responding to my problem. I've already installed gen-c and promethusv4. I only have 1 question regarding uninstalling the CFE. I uninstalled it by going into the program and chose the uninstall option. Now when i load the cfe the option that it has is to flash it in order to start the cfe. Does this means that Ive managed to uninstall it correctly? Do i need to delete the folder of the CFE or i can just leave it there. Thanks in advance.

frisomel

this is a nice guide elite, i've got a bit of a problem regarding the 5.03 PROMETHEUS-4, your download link says it's prome-4, but when I installed it, it says it's prome-3, i've searched tons of forums, but i can't find the answer, what seems to be the problem?, thanks