• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing Despertar del Cementerio v7

Moose

Meta Moose
[GUIDE] Installing Despertar del Cementerio v7
This guide will guide you through the process of installing Despertar del Cementrio v7
Guide written by Bubbletune and Moose Island of QJ
This guide will work with both a PSP Slim and Classic!

[FIELDSET="Introduction"]In this guide we will explain the installation of Desperater del Cementerio v7. This will allow you to install 4.01 M33-2 directly on any PSP, providing that you have a homebrew-enabled PSP to make it on in the first place.
It will allow numerous things, installing both the 4.01 offical firmware and 4.01 M33, unbricking any PSP, testing 4.01 M33 directly from the memory stick, requesting information about the PSP's hardware, rebuilding your IDStorage from scratch, executing a physical format, and many more things.
If you've already got TimeMachine installed, it will integrate seemlessly, if you don't and want it, we suggest installing it before installing DDCv7, if you want to add TimeMachine to DDCv7 later, look at the TimeMachine guide.

WARNING: A Pandora's battery will NOT work on PSP's with the TA-088v3 motherboards. However, trying will not harm your PSP in any way.[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="What will I need?"][/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Converting the battery"]
  1. Extract the Pandora Installer Revision 4 you downloaded to your dekstop.
  2. Enter the extracted folder and copy 'pan3xx' to X:/PSP/GAME on your memory stick.
  3. Launch it via GAME > Memory stick.
  4. If a message appears saying you have a TA-085v2 or higher motherboard, you can't convert your battery.
    • In this case, either try a different PSP, or order a pre-made Datel Tool battery.
  5. Choose either the option 'OK' or 'Do not show this again' at the credits screen.
  6. Scroll down to 'Battery options' and choose 'Make battery Pandora'.
  7. When done, exit the application.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Installing DDCv7"]
  1. If the file X:/TM/config.txt doesn't exist, create one and leave it blank.
  2. It's recommended that you get rid of DDCv5 and DDCv6 first by removing the X:/TM/DDCv5 and X:/TM/DDCv6 folder.
  3. If you have any PTF themes enabled, disable them to prevent issues.
  4. Extract the downloaded 'despertar6.rar' to your dekstop.
  5. Copy the 'DC7' folder to 'X:/PSP/GAME/'.
  6. Copy the downloaded 401.PBP to the root of your memory stick.
  7. Launch the installer from GAME > Memory stick.
  8. Press cross to start the installation.
  9. Choose what button you want to use to boot into DDCv7 later.
  10. Press cross to start the installation.
  11. You'll have choose what button you want to use to boot into DDCv7 later, do so.
  12. If the installer shows an error at 99%, you'll have to reformat your memory stick.
    • Backup all data on your memory stick, it will get lost when formatting.
    • Launch the Hellcat tool from the last section via GAME > Memory Stick.
    • Scroll down to the 'Memstick and MS-IPL options' and choose 'Repartition and format MemStick'.
    • Press L+R+X to confirm the re-formatting of the memory stick (all data will be lost).
    • Restore your backup and repeat the DDCv7 installation steps.
  13. Sit back and wait for the installation to finish.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Using Your Battery"]
  • Turn off your PSP fully.
  • Start your PSP whilst holding the button you chose during installation.
  • Choose one of the options.
    • Install 4.01 M33

• This will install the latest 4.01 M33 custom firmware to your PSP.
    • Install 4.01 OFW

• This will install the official 4.01 Sony firmware to your PSP, keep in mind that you won't be able to run homebrew or benefit any of the custom firmware features.
    • NAND Operations
      • Dump NAND will make a physical dump of your PSP's NAND chip, restoring it later will bring it back to the exact same state as it was when the dump was made.
      • Restore NAND will restore a dump, even though you need to be care full with this option, restoring another person's NAND on your own PSP will result in an incorrect IDStorage, although it's repairable now, it's always a better idea to keep the original.
      • Format Lflash will remove and recreate the flash0, flash1, flash2 and flash3 partitions, this will help when you have trouble installing any more due to incorrect partitioning.
      • IDStorage tools need to be handled with care, do not use them unless you have problems with your IDStorage, please make a post regarding the issues you are having and let the experienced members of these forums decide whether you should regenerate your IDStorage. Doing so for no reason just increases the risks of obtaining bad blocks in the IDStorage section.
    • Hardware Info
      • This will display several details about the hardware of your PSP, such as your motherboard, model and several hardware versions.
    • Test M33
      • This will boot you into 4.01 M33 entirely from the memory stick, even if no firmware is installed on your PSP's NAND.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Credits"]Bubbletune - Writing this guide
Moose Island - Writing this guide
Dark_AleX - Creating DDCv7
Hellcat - Creating Pandora Installer[/FIELDSET]

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Question, What if the battery is already in Pandora? how can someone recreate the file for the memory card pro dou?
Which I must do since must format my memory card since a virus is on it from while back ago.

Adiuvo

Boot it up using only the AC adaptor and you won't need the battery. Remake the card then.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Two last things, do I need "Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 4" and 1.5 files?
Im really lost on the hellcat thing, since last time I did this it wasn't needed.
And the direct link to 4.01 doesn't lead to 4.01.

Cryox

Bro.
Two last things, do I need "Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 4" and 1.5 files?
Im really lost on the hellcat thing, since last time I did this it wasn't needed.
And the direct link to 4.01 doesn't lead to 4.01.

well, at this point you might as well download dcc8 and the 5.00 firmware file from dax's website. this guide is a little outdated i believe (meaning the files) and the installation should be pretty much the same

(correct if wrong)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
well, at this point you might as well download dcc8 and the 5.00 firmware file from dax's website. this guide is a little outdated i believe (meaning the files) and the installation should be pretty much the same

(correct if wrong)

Well im going use this just update to 5.00m33 from my psp. It should have 1.5 kernel from installing it from the psp right?
Btw if anyone looking for it heres a link to 4.01 eboot
Dark-AleX - PSP Developer
Odd enough seems alek have advertisement now since last time.

Cryox

Bro.
idk what that first line was trying to say but, i'll do my best at answering:
No, you have to install 1.50 kernal after you install 5.00 M33-x cfw. the kernal is left out because of slim psp's i believe.

Seth

MD Party Room
Maybe it be a good idea to update this to DDC8?

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Hey guys, I'm installing CFW on my friend's PSP, but it's been on 4% for about 10 minutes now, is this normal? I don't remember it taking this long before.

Thanks.

Hardrive

Contributor
Hey guys, I'm installing CFW on my friend's PSP, but it's been on 4% for about 10 minutes now, is this normal? I don't remember it taking this long before.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, sometimes PSPs took 20 or more minutes to install, while the majority just took a few. I don't know about staying at a certain percent for a long time though.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
If I remember correctly, sometimes PSPs took 20 or more minutes to install, while the majority just took a few. I don't know about staying at a certain percent for a long time though.

Heh, it's cool now, I think it's just where I was on low battery. Plugged it into the AC and it installed in a few minutes. Thanks for the advice, though.