Installing Custom Firmware 5.03GEN using ChickHEN R2
This guide will take you through the steps necessary to install 5.03GEN CFW on a PSP running ChickHEN R2
[FIELDSET="What do I need?"]
- A PSP 2000 or 3000 running ChickHEN R2 [Download- eXophase ]
- A USB Cable
- The 5.03GEN CFW files [Download - Mediafire]
[FIELDSET="Installation"]Before we begin, this Custom Firmware is only a temporary solution. If you turn your PSP off and then back on, you will no longer be running a Custom Firmware. You will need to 're-boot' into the Custom Firmware using the installer. This is only a temporary Custom Firmware, not a permanent one that remains in the flash of a hard reset.
- Connect your PSP [with ChickHEN R2 loaded] to your computer via USB.
- Extract the file '5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip' to a folder on your computer.
- Launch the application 'LAUNCH-ME.exe'/
- Choose the revision of your PSP under PSP Model.
- PSP 2000 = Slim and Lite
- PSP 3000 = Brite
- Choose the option 'FULL' under Mode.
- Choose the option 'Yes' under PSP Install.
- Enter the location of your PSP in the box at the bottom of the window. The location of the PSP is the drive letter that Windows has assigned to your PSP. This can be found under My Computer.
- Select the button 'Start' to begin the installation of the Custom Firmware files to your PSP.
- Once it has finished, disconnect your PSP from the USB connection.
- Launch the homebrew file 'INSTALLER-LOADER' under 'GAME > Memory Stick'.
- You have the following options:
- Press L or R to install the Custom Firmware to your PSP.
- Press O (circle) to reboot into the Custom Firmware (if it is already installed).
- Press /\ (triangle) to exit to the main menu without doing anything.
- Once it has finished installation press O (circle) to boot into the Custom Firmware.
- Please read the next section named Notes, it has important information that you WILL find useful.
- Once you have installed the CFW you can delete the folder named 'files' in the root of your memory stick.
- To avoid problems, it is advised that you rename or delete the PRX file named 'flasher.prx' found in the Main App folder.
- If you shutdown the PSP completely, to reboot into the Custom Firmware you will need to run the 'INSTALL-LOADER' program again and select the option O (circle).
- Putting the PSP into standby does not require you to reload the CFW.
- It is advised that you do not edit any file in your PSPs firmware (flash0).
- Do not flash a custom theme.