• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] The Ultimate CFW Installation Guide

elite

Oldie moldie
It is still not safe to initiate the permanent patch on PSP-3k and PSP Go and the version of the PSP-2k that were unhackable by Pandora.

For your PSP, I recommend upgrading to 6.39 PRO-B6. It is not permanent, but it serves everything you need as a CFW user. Check the the bottom of this guide just before the credits.

buffy007

For your PSP, I recommend upgrading to 6.39 PRO-B6. It is not permanent, but it serves everything you need as a CFW user. Check the the bottom of this guide just before the credits.

Thanks Elite. Found the "3 - 6.39 PRO-B" part, thanks for clarifying :)

Getting a "Sorry this program doesn't support your FW" error. Im going to click on System update in the XMB to get to 6.39 OFW..... well that worked, yay :)

Thanks a lot, haven't done a full restart yet but if its easy as running the Recovery program in the XMB to get back the CFW then thats not much of a hassel at all :)

stile

please excuse my noobness, but i have a psp 3001 with ofw 6.6 will any of this work for me? i am very cautious about doing anytthing that might brick it. also wondering if the pandora battery will allow me to downgrade this psp.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn

Explosion

I brushed the dust off my PSP today and I would like to update it to the best CFW possible. I currently have a PSP-1001 with CFW 5.00 M33-6 on it. Is there a newer, more recommended CFW or should I just leave it alone?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Unless theirs a game that u wanna play that relys on the newer fw's, i doubt you have to update, but last time that i was following, it was up to 6.30 cfw pro. That was iirc 5-6 months ago.

Aaron325

my psp 2006 is currently using 5.50 Prome-4 CFW, i want 2 downgrade it to 5.00 m33-6 in order 2 play dragon ball z tenkaichi tag team...can anybody teach me how 2 downgrade it?