• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Guitar Hero Metallica

TeamOverload

Just picked this up, curious who else got it? About to pop it in right now.
Death Magnetic is also downloading alongside it right now, as it's on sale this week on XBLM at least for 1000 points.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I got it and I already beat the drums career (mostly on expert). This game is a huge step up from GHWT imo because there are alot more challenging songs, and also just my personal preference of all metal haha

TeamOverload

Definitely liking it a lot more than GHWT as well. Plus I like how the fact that it's just focused on one band seems to make it a much more polished game, with all the extra little touches to the UI, and things like the Metallicfacts or w/e the fuck there called are just neat. Brief comments to the crowd before the song have also popped up a few times, such as before Enter Sandman, and I found that to be an extremely nice touch as well.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I don't know. I am basically on HMX's side of the fence of the music game wars. Since Neversoft is making 8 more GH/GH-like games (including Metallica) this year, I am expecting low quality of these games. I am not saying GH:M is low quality, but if they are releasing a game every month or so, it will be total cash-in for Activision.

HMX is only making ONE game this year, and that is Rock Band: The Beatles. The game will be released September 9, 2009. That may be a long way away, but they are actually putting time into it. Not even a RB3 this year.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Then all I have to look forward for for RB is DLC, and there hasnt been any good stuff (imo of course) in forever. The last song that I bought was Laid to Rest by Lamb of God

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Then all I have to look forward for for RB is DLC, and there hasnt been any good stuff (imo of course) in forever. The last song that I bought was Laid to Rest by Lamb of God

I understand your love for metal, but there are SO MANY other good songs/albums to play. Get SRV's Texas Flood. That album is AMAZING (and challenging) if you play guitar more often.

TeamOverload

Waking the Demon Bullet for my Valentine this week, not the song I would have chosen, but still nice none-the-less.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Waking the Demon Bullet for my Valentine this week, not the song I would have chosen, but still nice none-the-less.

I will get that if I like the charts. Toby Keith pack this week too. Not a fan at all. 3rd time country has been added in 3 months

TeamOverload

Yeah, I might pick up the Black Tide song as well this week, but that one will need to depend on the charts.

So, for those who have it, what's up with the last song on GH:M? It is insanely easy, and although a good song, not sure it should have been the finale. It is nice, that you only need to beat that song on expert though to get the achievement for completing expert.

Dan

Contributor
Argh, i've been waiting for this for ages, but it's like another 2 months until it comes to the UK:cry:

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I already beat every career in the game except for band, each takes no longer than like 2 hours.

Watch, Ill download this BFMV song, be out of points, and then next week some crazy good shit will come out lol

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Watch, Ill download this BFMV song, be out of points, and then next week some crazy good shit will come out lol

There is much speculation for next week.

It could either be:

-Jane's Addictions Nothings Shocking Album
-Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Album
-Snoop Dogg Pack (Not making this up)
-or something not mentioned

I will probably go for the last one.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Yeah, I've come across that problem quite a few times, hah. What were you playing on, drums or guitar?

Expert drums on Waking the Demon, Laid to Rest, and Are you Dead Yet. There so boring on Hard, but so hard on expert

fucking snoop dogg? wow thats terrible.