• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Guitar Hero World Tour

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Anyone Pick it up yet?

I'm still debating whether I should or not, because some people are having trouble with their drums and guitars. If I do get it , I'll buy it at target, because they have a pretty lenient return policy. I'll have to make sure they have lots in stock though :p

Access_Denied

Game is meh. You get used to it though. Songs are awesome, as well as note charts. The drum kits are having problems, so wait on those. Haven't heard anything bad about the guitar yet though. I heard the touch pad is amazing.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
The game sucks compared to Rock Band 2. I'm kind of dissapointed I bought it actually, there are like 6-8 songs that are actually fun to play (on guitar) and they are all so easy its stupid. I beat every song on expert first try except for like Sweet Home Alabama and Crazy Train

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I pre order mine at best buy.
you should get it at best buy, I like there return policy so far.

i got the game only for Wii, cuz I already have the guitar from GH3, and this game is meh for me, they really put in too many really long songs that are really boring, I dont want to play an 8 minute Ted Nugent song that has no HOs and POs, its just boring. I prefer to play the shorter songs that have a good solo and just a good beat. Wifi on the Wii is alot better for this game, it has DLC for which u pay in Wii points. Mii freestyle is the dumbest and worst concept Ive ever heard. And I have not gotten to the music creator yet but hoping to find a few hours free to learn how to use it.

Mast3r_Shak3

The touch pad is nice...when there are actually the touch pad solos... and the window to actually reach over and hit the notes is terrible.

_Syn

Activision and Red Octane shouldn't make the guitar look so un-realistic. That's my only problem with this game. I mean, the new touch-pad concept is amazing, as far as I've heard, but it doesn't even look like a real guitar. They should take where Harmonix took it and make the guitar realistic, so that it actually has a guitar feel to it. I liked the buttons for GH3 though, I didn't like the RB1 fret buttons.

Greyone

are the instruments really supposed to look realistic though?
I mean, it's just a game. It's not really like playing a guitar.

Greyone

10749.1.0.jpg

wow, that controller is hot

but $250 is way too much, i would never spend over $50 for a fake guitar.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Greyone said:
[qimg]http://www.logitech.com/repository/1246/jpg/10749.1.0.jpg[/qimg]
wow, that controller is hot

but $250 is way too much, i would never spend over $50 for a fake guitar.
I seen an 40$ one at my best buy that look real...
But its only for ps2..... idk if you can use ps2 gh guitar for ps3 if you have an ps3...

Seth

MD Party Room
Nope cant use ps2 guitar on ps3...

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
There is an adapter for GH PS2 controllers on the PS3 but it's buggy. Like Star Power will not work if certain frets are held down.

Greyone

just got it as a b-day present, it's loads of fun
----
TheMysteriousThug said:
There is an adapter for GH PS2 controllers on the PS3 but it's buggy. Like Star Power will not work if certain frets are held down.

there are others that work perfectly, i know the TAC adapter has perfect support. It's the one I will probably get for my ps2 gh3 controller.

Seth

MD Party Room
TheMysteriousThug said:
I heard those thing have some lag to them..and are not very good.

Slasher

Suck It
Got it and it's a great game. I'm having a lot of fun playing it. Not sure why people are saying that it's bad, all of the songs are good, and it maintains that original guitar hero flavour. Guitar Hero IMO is much better than rock band will ever be.

I didn't get the entire package though including the drums and the microphone. I just got the guitar, so I can't comment on how the drums/vocals are

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I toyed with the drums at Best Buy. They are very bouncy. It's amazing how bouncy they are

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I just traded this game in for GH Metallica, it was so worth it. GH Metallica is actually challenging and almost all of the songs are fun to play. I wish i had GH drums though so I could try out the double bass

Seth

MD Party Room
I waiting for my copy to ship,should be here in a day or 2.