• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo Wars

Seth

MD Party Room
This parts of the forums is dead maybe this will bring some life into it..
Published by: Microsoft
Developed by: Ensemble Studios
Release Date: March 3, 2009
Genre: Real-Time Strategy
Halo Wars places the player in command of human UNSC armies as they deploy for mankinds first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces.

If I had a 360 I whould so pick this up...The story I really into...SO what you guys think.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Definitely going to get it. I've been interested in this since I first heard the rumor.

And I love Ensemble.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Im going get it, im just gonna wait for price drop at used price.
On another note I heard Ensemble Studios is closing down after halo wars is made.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I dunno much about ensemble. what have they made?

as long as they dont totally fuck it up it could be great. its a great ide to be sure.

Seth

MD Party Room
Age of Empires and Age of Mythology

nsemble Studios has received a number of awards through the years. Including many for game of the year.

* Game Spy - 2005 Game of the year - PC RTS
* Game Spy - 2005 Best Graphics
* Game Spy - 2005 Best Music – Honorable Mention
* Game Spy – Best of E3 2005
* Worth Playing – Editor Choice
* PCGamers – Editor Choice
* Game Critics Award – Best of E3 2005
* Game Zone – Outstanding Award
* IGN.Com – Editor Choice Award
* IGN – Best of E3 Award 2005
* Daily Game - Best of Show E3 2005
* GT – Gold Medal
* GamePower Award
* Strategy Gaming Online – Editors Choice
* Gamer Voice – Best Wargame
* GameSpot – Game of the year
* Gamesmania – Award of Excellence
* GamesDomain – Readers Award
* Thresh’s FiringSquad – Editors Choice
* Computer Gaming World – 5 Stars
* Computer Gaming World – Editors Choice
* WarGamer – Award for excellence
* GamesWeekly – Top 15 of games
* Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences – Best Strategy Game of the Year
* GameCenter - 1997 Game of the Year
Via wikipida..

Learn to love google..

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
sweet. I am confident that this could be good then. dont have a 360, but if I did i'd prob get this

Colm

If Ensemble are the guys who made Rise of Nations, it'll be AWESOME.
But because Ensemble made Age of Empires and Age of Mythology, it's going to be at least good.

EDIT: Big Huge Games were the RoN dudes. If you liked AoE and\or AoM, give it a try, you'd like it.

Slasher

Suck It
Wait... this game is RTS? wow

Well established non-RTS franchises should never be brought to RTS imo. Just look at Star Wars: Empire At War - it wasn't that great.
Halo should stick to where it belongs, FPS. It's good that Ensemble is working on it though, so maybe it'll pull through. But as seen in the past, just because a game is being created by a certain credible studio or group of developers, doesn't mean the game is going to be good. *cough* HAZE

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I've been looking forward to this for a while now, but the articles that I read couldn't agree on a release date; most said Summer 2009. I'm really can't wait to playing this, and I'm probebly going to preorder it as soon as I can so that I don't end up spending all my money on other shit. :tup:

Teowulf

Ensemble had better not be retiring. They can't just retire like that. Maybe the head will step down or something and they'll adopt a new name, but I can't see such a money maker shutting down.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I really don't think people at Ensemble want retire. Its more of Microsoft making them retire.
Ensemble is in contract like Bungie right now?
*with MS etc.*​

Seth

MD Party Room
Closing
On September 9, 2008, it was announced that Ensemble will be closing after release of Halo Wars. According to multiple independent reports, all non-essential staff have been laid off and remaining staff have been given incentives to remain until the completion of the project.[6] Microsoft issued an internal statement on September 10, 2008 which was then leaked to the public.

Ensemble Studios: Read The "Ensemble, You're Done Here" Email From Microsoft

Teowulf

Dang it, I need to get over to my friend's house and steal his connection to DL it (I had been using my upstairs computer to access live, but it crashed so live doesn't work anymore).

Cryox

Bro.
I was into this when it was first rumored/announced then i got un-interested when i heard it was RTS, then i played some RTS games and now im Interested again. This game actually looks good