• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Happy New Year 2009!

Serideth

Bumping this, the thread got turned into a happy new year thread, but let us not forget the important question:

Remember to let us know what content you'd like to see on our front page!

Anyone have anything they would like to see besides the usual gaming news? Let us know. ;)

Bran

Yell
Like what, if you could expand it would be great, what type of things interests you guys? What would make you want to go to the front page?

Something Unique. Most things on your front page I either see at Kotaku or PSP-Hacks first. If there was something unique worth reading I'd check the front page more.

Like more abstract narratives on game theory or what technology means to our lives now than it did years ago and what not, more than just nothing but raw boring NEWS. I can get that elsewhere.

Additional Comment:
Something to ponder. Not just information.

Serideth

Something Unique. Most things on your front page I either see at Kotaku or PSP-Hacks first. If there was something unique worth reading I'd check the front page more.

Like more abstract narratives on game theory or what technology means to our lives now than it did years ago and what not, more than just nothing but raw boring NEWS. I can get that elsewhere.

Additional Comment:

Good point, thanks for your post, definitely something to consider. :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Additional Comment:

I will have some personal editorials that I will write up and let's hope we can get a "whatcha been playing" section up

EvilSeph

Administrator
We're working on some unique, interesting content but will continue to cover our bases until we're ready to publish them. Please keep the feedback coming. M for Mature is all about quality and you, the community, help define what quality is.

We cared from the get go what you guys think. We care now. And will always care and be on the lookout for your thoughts, opinions and criticisms. To us, M for Mature isn't just something that we can gain revenue from like most sites are. To us, M for Mature is our community and our home that we want the very best for.

If you have ANY ideas that you think would enable us to better serve you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Whisper

Logic :(
We're working on some unique, interesting content but will continue to cover our bases until we're ready to publish them. Please keep the feedback coming. M for Mature is all about quality and you, the community, help define what quality is.

We cared from the get go what you guys think. We care now. And will always care and be on the lookout for your thoughts, opinions and criticisms. To us, M for Mature isn't just something that we can gain revenue from like most sites are. To us, M for Mature is our community and our home that we want the very best for.

If you have ANY ideas that you think would enable us to better serve you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Good to see the worries this would be another qj spin off has been avoided. I am glad I am investing my time here.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Good to see the worries this would be another qj spin off has been avoided. I am glad I am investing my time here.

We're very glad to hear this, please keep the feedback coming :)! We are striving to be something special that our community will be proud to be a part of. I truly think we have the potential, the ability and the drive to do it - it will just take some time and a lot of work.

Our new Retro Review series is evidence of the unique and interesting content we're currently working on. Is this the kind of content you had in mind? I hope you like what you see :)

Thank you for sticking around and we hope to make your stay more worthwhile moving forward.

----------------------------------

If there is ANY reason why you guys have chosen not to visit our frontpage, we would really like to know why so that we can make the necessary changes to give you an incentive to check out our frontpage. It's simply not fair for the great content our Contributors are churning out to go unnoticed.

So please, if there is ANY reason AT ALL that you have for not regularly checking out our frontpage, let us know!

Remember, this is OUR community. You, being a part of the community, have the power to shape it to something you can be proud of being a part of. Just let us know of any ideas you have and we'll get onto seeing if it is possible! :D

Whisper

Logic :(
We're very glad to hear this, please keep the feedback coming :)! We are striving to be something special that our community will be proud to be a part of. I truly think we have the potential, the ability and the drive to do it - it will just take some time and a lot of work.

Our new Retro Review series is evidence of the unique and interesting content we're currently working on. Is this the kind of content you had in mind? I hope you like what you see :)

Thank you for sticking around and we hope to make your stay more worthwhile moving forward.

----------------------------------

If there is ANY reason why you guys have chosen not to visit our frontpage, we would really like to know why so that we can make the necessary changes to give you an incentive to check out our frontpage. It's simply not fair for the great content our Contributors are churning out to go unnoticed.

So please, if there is ANY reason AT ALL that you have for not regularly checking out our frontpage, let us know!

Remember, this is OUR community. You, being a part of the community, have the power to shape it to something you can be proud of being a part of. Just let us know of any ideas you have and we'll get onto seeing if it is possible! :D
Retro reviews, I didn't even know you guys had that :w00t:

EvilSeph

Administrator
Can I write a Reto Review for Sonic 2?

Of course you can. I just want to let you know that we have high expectations for quality when it comes to the content we publish. To further emphasise my point...we have Article Writing Guidelines that span across 4 pages. :w00t:

If you're still interested, I can send you a copy of these guidelines and we can talk about your writing a review for the Retro Review series. :)

Edit: While we do have a high level of expectation for quality, we have a team of Editors that will help you structure and form your piece to meet those expectations. So if the only thing stopping you from contributing is that you're having difficulty putting your piece together properly, contact me and I'll take a look at what you have and help you out.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Of course you can. I just want to let you know that we have high expectations for quality when it comes to the content we publish. To further emphasise my point...we have Article Writing Guidelines that span across 4 pages. :w00t:

If you're still interested, I can send you a copy of these guidelines and we can talk about your writing a review for the Retro Review series. :)

Edit: While we do have a high level of expectation for quality, we have a team of Editors that will help you structure and form your piece to meet those expectations. So if the only thing stopping you from contributing is that you're having difficulty putting your piece together properly, contact me and I'll take a look at what you have and help you out.

Sounds good to me, go for it z357x :)

Bran

Yell
Send me those guidelines and I'll get cracking. I've been playing the game again and taking notes.

I'm heavy on game design, theory, and flow and how they pertain to creating an enjoyable game on a subconscious level.

I want to write this very seriously from an analytical perspective and work it into how you want this laid out, but keep it light in tone and actually interesting/fun to read. I think of it as a magazine article or a collage paper but more interesting and amusing.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Send me those guidelines and I'll get cracking. I've been playing the game again and taking notes.

I'm heavy on game design, theory, and flow and how they pertain to creating an enjoyable game on a subconscious level.

I want to write this very seriously from an analytical perspective and work it into how you want this laid out, but keep it light in tone and actually interesting/fun to read. I think of it as a magazine article or a collage paper but more interesting and amusing.

Shoot me a PM with a good email address to use. The guidelines are too big to PM and I don't want to send it over in chunks.