• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Have You Downloaded the Latest Wii U System Update?

David Sanchez

Wii-U-System-Update.jpg

The latest system update was released for the Wii U by Nintendo a few days ago. Have you downloaded it yet? If so, what do you think? If not, check out the list of improved load times for the console's different features as tested by Polygon:

System Power Up
Pre-patch: 15 seconds
Post-patch: 10 seconds

Opening Mii Maker
Pre-patch: 18 seconds
Post-patch: 12 seconds

Opening System Settings
Pre-patch: 13 seconds
Post-patch: 8 seconds

Going Back To Menu
Pre-patch: 25 seconds
Post-patch: 21 seconds

Starting Nintendo Land
Pre-patch: 21 seconds
Post-patch: 14 seconds

While a few of these load times are certainly a big improvement over the previous lengths, they're mostly still a bit tedious.

Continue reading...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
After the Update the Wii U connects and loads the E-Shop faster than my 3DS does. I'd that's pretty good.

It certainly loads a ton faster than the new Playstation Network Store does on the PS3 via wireless.

Of course having load times just to access settings is somewhat tedious it's not that huge of an issue. Because dont' really need to access the system settings all that much. And the ability to boot directly to Wii mode is pretty nice too since the update

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finally bought an HDMI splitter and will hook this bitch up to my TV at some point this week.

Any must have games to recommend?