• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help with Rayman (PSX) on PSP

The_Rogue_Amigo

Well as the title suggests I need some help with Rayman for the PSP.

I just can't seem to get the thing to work. I'm using a phatty PSP 1003 with firmware 4.01MM-2 with popsloader..... Although popsloader doesn't seem to make a difference. (In fairness i've only tried it with 2 or 3 different pops though).

What happens is... I start up the game. It loads up fine and gets to the "Ubisoft" logo....and then just stays there :crying:

After like TWENTY minutes it will FINALLY go further on into the game were it works PERFECTLY, except no music..... Like there will be sound effects but no music which makes the game quite boring :sad:

I tried using a different version of the game with same results.

The ID of the game is SLUS-00005. Perhaps a different ID would work better?

Any help would be GREAT :D

Thanks.

P.S its the NTSC version.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You need to make sure you're including the CDDA for this title to work properly. This was one of the titles I used when me and a few others worked out the CDDA support for popstation over at MaxConsole.

The number one problem people have with PSX titles not working are they are missing the CDDA (digital music tracks from the CD).

The_Rogue_Amigo

Ahhh I get it now when I heard "multi track" I thought it was as in the game used more then one cd type of thing. So what converter supports CDDA? Does anyone know does Icetea support it? Thats what I use

The_Rogue_Amigo

Ok well I got it to work..... So just in case anyone else ever needs help with it, this is what you do..... You have to get a CDDA converter. I used PSX2PSP but it must be PSX2PSPv1.3 or higher! Only this version and above has CDDA support.... Convert your game with that and it will work

psprandy

Can you help me convert Rayman PSX

Ok well I got it to work..... So just in case anyone else ever needs help with it, this is what you do..... You have to get a CDDA converter. I used PSX2PSP but it must be PSX2PSPv1.3 or higher! Only this version and above has CDDA support.... Convert your game with that and it will work

Hello The_Rogue_Amigo or anyone else reading this post. I REALLY need some help with converting my copy of Rayman to a Eboot for my psp. I have tried for months getting this thing to work, with no results. Trust me, I have used EVERYTHING the websites have to offer, but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I guess I'm the biggest noob alive. Please, can you Mr. Amigo, or anyone else that has got Rayman to work 100% on the psp tell me WORD FOR WORD in every detail how you made it work for you. Thanks so much for your help.