• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Heroes

Vee

So the new series kicked off yesterday. You can watch it on NBC.com if your in the US, or download it off any old website. Was pretty cool, i really like the new style. I think [BLACKOUT]the con-air style scene was pretty cool. I really want to see what those soldiers that are catching all the Mutants are like. I hope they've got some kind of power.[/BLACKOUT]

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i was hoping for a few more episodes of watching the hero's fight back from being rounded up, however it was a very good opening imo(the battle with sylar was pretty sweet), and appears like it's going to better than volume 3, which i did find a little disappointing compared to the prior two seasons

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Well I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. I was highly disappointed by the premiere. They have completely thrown out what made Volume 1 great. The only good thing they kept is badass Sylar which I'm hoping we get to see more of besides a 30 second scene.

Serideth

Please don't mention Lost in the same sentence as this trash.

Sorry hold, on. Just take a seat down over here.

Now, count to ten, that's it nice easy deep breaths. Now would you mind trying to explain to us normal people why Lost is in any way shape or form bearable to watch, never mind being better than Heroes.

Mister Chief

First of all I have watched Heroes season 1 and 2 and about 8 episodes of 3. Season 1 was good all though the ending was mediocre.

All later episodes suffer from a few key problems.

Recycling plot devices: How many times do you have to save the cheerleader so you can save the world.

Too many characters/too many powers - They started introducing far too many characters who were annoying and served little to no purpose. It also seemed that every Tom, Dick and Harry has a power now where as in season 1 it actually seemed rare.

Continuity Errors - Why didn't Peter fly away at the end of season 1 when he was about to explode? Why didn't Peter merely walk through the door to get the virus at the end of season 2? When the eclipse occured in season 3 and everyone lost their powers why didn't Arthur die since would would have lost the power of immortality? The list goes on and on...

Just kill them already - Mohinder, he's good, no he's not! Yes he is! Now he isn't! But he is now! There are some characters who serve no purpose and should have been killed long ago. Syler is another.

Back to square one - Stop resting everything. They keep on reseting charceters back to where they were at the beginning of the series which defeats the entire purpose of a serialised show.

Acting - Too hammy and often just dreadful.

Writing - The source of the writing problems on the show have a clear source. As soon as Jeph Loeb left the show things went to shit and now he is coming back to try and save it. Another problem is that each writer is assigned to a character so there is no cohesion to the story and also probably explains some of the continuity problems.

And if you think I'm just pulling this stuff out of my ass and think that no one else feels the same then look at this:

show-in-crisis.jpg

Serideth

First of all I have watched Heroes season 1 and 2 and about 8 episodes of 3. Season 1 was good all though the ending was mediocre.

All later episodes suffer from a few key problems.

Recycling plot devices: How many times do you have to save the cheerleader so you can save the world.

Too many characters/too many powers - They started introducing far too many characters who were annoying and served little to no purpose. It also seemed that every Tom, Dick and Harry has a power now where as in season 1 it actually seemed rare.

Continuity Errors - Why didn't Peter fly away at the end of season 1 when he was about to explode? Why didn't Peter merely walk through the door to get the virus at the end of season 2? When the eclipse occured in season 3 and everyone lost their powers why didn't Arthur die since would would have lost the power of immortality? The list goes on and on...

Just kill them already - Mohinder, he's good, no he's not! Yes he is! Now he isn't! But he is now! There are some characters who serve no purpose and should have been killed long ago. Syler is another.

Back to square one - Stop resting everything. They keep on reseting charceters back to where they were at the beginning of the series which defeats the entire purpose of a serialised show.

Acting - Too hammy and often just dreadful.

Writing - The source of the writing problems on the show have a clear source. As soon as Jeph Loeb left the show things went to shit and now he is coming back to try and save it. Another problem is that each writer is assigned to a character so there is no cohesion to the story and also probably explains some of the continuity problems.

And if you think I'm just pulling this stuff out of my ass and think that no one else feels the same then look at this:

[qimg]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/Murasaki007/show-in-crisis.jpg[/qimg]
I agree with you, I loved season 1, but the problem is you insinuated Lost was good. :(

Sinfulfate

I agree with you Mister chief(to some extent) but to to play devils advocate Lost and heroes both share the same key problem and that is that they both feel like the writers are just making it up as they go along which is shown through the many continuity errors which both shows have. Also both shows had pretty excellent first seasons and both have been doing down hill ever since then although Lost has been getting better as of late but well have to see about Heroes.

As for the my take on the new Season of Heroes, I'm interested in the story but I just hope they have some better witting. The way some characters act on the show doesn't make any sense. First Nathan wanted to go after his Father, then he wanted to work with him, now he wants to capture all the hero's yet in the first season he wouldn't let New York blow up. Sylar can take out a group of swat when being trapped yet at the end of season three he lets some teenage girl sneak up behind him and stab him in the neck? Also this show is called heroes yet we really haven't seen anyone doing anything heroic let alone smart.

Vee

If someone were to make a thread about a device they use, is it okay for me to run in and talk shit about the device? Its a discussion thread. For people who enjoy the show. I probably hate tons of things that you love, but i shut up about them and let you enjoy them.

eldiablov

Contributor
A discussion thread is for just that, dicussion. Not everything has to be positive. I've completely missed this season of Heroes. Partly because the end of the last pissed me off really badly. I dont think I will now i've seen these comments.

Chathurga

Have you guys seen the new season of Lost? That shit is tight.

Heroes has some of the worst acting I have ever (wish I hadn't) seen, Keanu Reeves would look colourful compared to these guys.

Vee

Have you guys seen the new season of Lost? That shit is tight.

Heroes has some of the worst acting I have ever (wish I hadn't) seen, Keanu Reeves would look colourful compared to these guys.

Who do you think's a bad actor?

I think Sylar and Noah are quite good. But Peter's awful.

Serideth

Downloaded the new season 3 last night and just finished watching it and I really enjoyed, didn't know there was a season 4 coming though.

Vee

Season 4 was supposed to have started when Nathan contacts the President. I'm not sure why they still classify it as Season 3.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Because I'm pretty sure it isn't a new season. They split Seasons up into 'Chapters', with each season having 2 chapters. We are on the second chapter of Season 3 called Villains.

ah, so that's how it goes, i was very confused on that