• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Homebrew to Turn Off PSP (for the ChickHEN)

Slasher

Suck It
What?

Just flip up the power switch and the PSP will go into standby mode. When the PSP is in standby mode, HEN remains in memory.

Triklops

Question: Are there any risks involved in having the PSP on standby mode for long durations? Not looking for the statutory response but rather something from personal experience.

Cryox

Bro.
i think if you leave it charging, then yes. I did that, left psp in stand by mode while charging, and when i came back, i almost burned my hand picking up the psp.

Adiuvo

Just tell your kids not to hold the switch up, and to only flick it. Then it will always be in standby.

Hardrive

Contributor
yup i know how to flip up the power switch to put the PSP into standby mode. But my kids, sometimes accidentally flip up (switch all the way up) the power switch putting the PSP to complete off mode. If only there is a homebrew that they could run that will put the PSP into standby mode.

You need to HOLD the power switch up for several seconds. Honestly, it's not that hard.

I think there is a way to send the PSP into standby mode via code, because I think some of the later iRshells can do it. If you really cared that much, you could probably make your own.

I do not believe there are any problems with leaving the PSP in standby mode. I have left it in this mode for the last year or so, either plugged in or not plugged in, and it's still working fine. This is with a PSP 1000 (phat).

Slasher

Suck It
Here you go. Run this program and it'll send your PSP into a deep slumber. Turn your PSP back on and it'll return to the XMB.

ya most of the time when im too engross playing games, i don't notice my psp's battery running low until it got turn off :D. If only there is more obvious signal beside the flashing of the led and battery indicator like maybe a flash in the screen with a message like "Hey your battery is running low!!!! Charge it!!!". Maybe the devs could make a homebrew like this. I got to tell the kids to be mindful of their psp's battery charge level.

IRShell has this feature, it has a "battery is low" alarm with a nice sexy voice. But then again, I think its too complicated for your young ones to use.

toto124

is there a homebrew which can turn off PSP without holding for 3s i am using psp3k
my power switch is having problem